Ron Deviney's Inbox

Does Ron Deviney have a daz3d inbox? I purchased his circle designs, but my photoshop cs5 says the brushes are incompatible. The product folder says CS2,CS3,CS4,CS5,and so on. I just need to contact him.

Comments

• Rather than contacting the artist directly you should open a support ticket as they may well already have an answer https://www.daz3d.com/help

• budsterbudster Posts: 5
    Thanks Richard for replying. I have contacted support and the replies I've been getting makes me feel like they are in question about it too. Usually when I deal with these kind of situations on other sites, I'm directed to the author or artist. I feel like artists or authors understand their products in ways we may not, No offense to support. Support is probably busy themselves anyway.
  • nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,238

budster said:

Thanks Richard for replying. I have contacted support and the replies I've been getting makes me feel like they are in question about it too. Usually when I deal with these kind of situations on other sites, I'm directed to the author or artist. I feel like artists or authors understand their products in ways we may not, No offense to support. Support is probably busy themselves anyway.

The Artists are even busier!

Thanks for replying Nemesis. As an artist myself I understand what you mean. But feedback is one of the most helpful tools on the path of experience. It's been written in other forums that the newest photoshop leaves no room for backward capabilities for brushes. Deviney might need to know that so he will know what to do next time. Feedback has helped me a lot.
  • 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,276

Until your get a official response you might try Abrviewer - I see it was updated a few months back to version 3 - I have used it to get some of Ron's later brushes working in PS 5

Thanks for replying 3Dreamer. I'll check it out.

budster said:

Thanks for replying Nemesis. As an artist myself I understand what you mean. But feedback is one of the most helpful tools on the path of experience. It's been written in other forums that the newest photoshop leaves no room for backward capabilities for brushes. Deviney might need to know that so he will know what to do next time. Feedback has helped me a lot.

Think of it like eating in a restaurant.  Do you get up and walk into the kitchen and directly address the chefs that you don't eat cilantro since they need to know or do you tell your waiter who then deals with it.  One is more efficient for the customer but more disruptive for the kitchen.

Thanks for replying nemesis, I rather talk with the cook and cut out the middle man. I have contacted artists on here before about their products. Maybe two or three. A simple question with a simple answer which last me over 10 years and made me a dedicated customer of theirs. But when you have a middle man (waiter) who has an attitude or just doesn't really feel like serving your needs, it places animosity in your heart not only towards artists, cooks, and suppliers, but the whole chain of restaurants, and stores. You start to think to yourself...are they to good or famous to talk to a supporting customer. I appreciate how 3dreamer tried to help me, but we shouldn't have to go through all of that for a single product. At least post the capabilities of that item before posting. For instance, brushes are for cs6 and up. But I ask you nemesis, what if the waiter doesn't go to the cook and tries to solve the problem himself?
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,518

budster said:

Thanks for replying nemesis, I rather talk with the cook and cut out the middle man. I have contacted artists on here before about their products. Maybe two or three. A simple question with a simple answer which last me over 10 years and made me a dedicated customer of theirs. But when you have a middle man (waiter) who has an attitude or just doesn't really feel like serving your needs, it places animosity in your heart not only towards artists, cooks, and suppliers, but the whole chain of restaurants, and stores. You start to think to yourself...are they to good or famous to talk to a supporting customer. I appreciate how 3dreamer tried to help me, but we shouldn't have to go through all of that for a single product. At least post the capabilities of that item before posting. For instance, brushes are for cs6 and up. But I ask you nemesis, what if the waiter doesn't go to the cook and tries to solve the problem himself?

Part of being a PA with DAZ is DAZ handles customer service so the artists don't have to. Having a PA answer your questions is the exception not the rule here.

Thanks for replying FSMCDesigns, it's about courtesy. Compatible Figures: N/A Compatible Figures: Photoshop CC or Higher. This would be a courtesy. Letting someone purchase a product that usually works without warnings feels like entrapment. Deviney would probably appreciate the feedback. He may cherish his reputation. Someone who may try his products for the first time may have a bad experience. They may say his products are a hassle and I don't want to purchase anything of his anymore. As for me, I'm an experienced customer who is familiar with some of Deviney's work. Do you want to see him or any PA for that matter be discouraged for the lack of sales due to the lack of feedback concerning their work?

budster said:

Thanks for replying FSMCDesigns, it's about courtesy. Compatible Figures: N/A Compatible Figures: Photoshop CC or Higher. This would be a courtesy. Letting someone purchase a product that usually works without warnings feels like entrapment. Deviney would probably appreciate the feedback. He may cherish his reputation. Someone who may try his products for the first time may have a bad experience. They may say his products are a hassle and I don't want to purchase anything of his anymore. As for me, I'm an experienced customer who is familiar with some of Deviney's work. Do you want to see him or any PA for that matter be discouraged for the lack of sales due to the lack of feedback concerning their work?        

As with the kitchen analogy, this creates a jam in the workflow of the entire business.  I do understand that it is more convenient for you but it is less convenient for the business, the artist, and other customers much in the way cutting a line might speed up you but slow down all of the other customers behind you.  Next, a portion of Deviney's earnings go to pay for Daz's customer support; the artist can't initiate a refund if needed for example.  Finally, customers do have the duty to use customer support; in my kitchen example, the restaurant would actually contact security since they are barred from having customers roaming backstage for health and safety reasons.  I think a customer who doesn't understand how customer service works has bigger issues than this.  Many of the artists don't speak English as a first language, have no experience dealing with difficult customers or stalkers, and none of them can process refunds.  In your case, it isn't clear whether your problem is an actual problem with the product (the product is suposed to work with a certain Photoshop version) or a Daz3d problem (product only works with a higher Photoshop version but the store mislabeled the requirements).  In one case, the artist repairs the product and in the other case, the vendor gives a refund and fixes the product requirements on the web page.  Customer support can sort those out but Deviney can not.