Iray rendering failed

All the time when i try to render scene,i got prompt something "Error during rendering".When i try render again,i got prompt "Render is use"

I gan´t find any reason for this.I have 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700K  3.60 GHz,and 32 G DDR5.GPU is NVIDIA Geforce RTX3090 .

So my puters performance can´t be a problem,Now what?

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,420

Your GPU is fine, but 32GB's of RAM is about minimum with the latest versions of DS, using relatively recent assets from the store. The generally accepted rule is, one should have three times more RAM than VRAM.

Have you tried different GPU drivers, the latest are not always the greatest or even fully functional on everybody's systems.

Have you looked at your log (Help->Troubleshooting->View Log File)?

• Log File is gibberish to me,even i try render with less content scene.Same thing happens.

It can´t be memory.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,420

If you save the log to a text file and attach it to your post, using the "Attach a file" link, maybe we can find something, but first I would try different drivers for the GPU
    The one trusted place to download nVidia drivers; https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx

I's getting late for me, so... huomisiin.

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,234

if you are getting render in use error, restart daz.  Same thing still happening?

• Yes,exactly every time.

• I'm having the same problem. I noticed it after I added dForce hair to a model and tried to render her. Seems fine with non-dForce hair though. My guess is the last NVIDIA driver update I did, which was just yesterday, broke dForce again.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,736
    edited March 2023

Same problem including the error? dForce hair can be very demanding, you may well simply be running out of memory - try reducing the settings on the hair so it is less demanding. The driver issue was with OpenCL during simulation, it had nothing to do with rendering.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Richard Haseltine said:

Same problem including the error? dForce hair can be very demanding, you may well simply be running out of memory - try reducing the settings on the hair so it is less demanding. The driver issue was with OpenCL during simulation, it had nothing to do with rendering.

Yep. Exactly the same. So I updated my driver to the "Studio" driver instead of the "Game Ready" driver, then it froze up the next time I tried rendering and I had to force close the program. Figured I'd restart my system just to be safe, and now it's rendering just fine. I'm guessing that points to a memory issue?

• Usually restarting DS is enough to clear the memory, but if the system generally was running out of memory a restart might help by doing a tidy up and clear out of debris from other applications.

• Richard Haseltine said:

Usually restarting DS is enough to clear the memory, but if the system generally was running out of memory a restart might help by doing a tidy up and clear out of debris from other applications.

Makes sense, especially because I rarely turn my computer off. Maybe I should start doing that. Thanks for the insight! Hopefully OP figured out their issue. 

• Looks like i have solved my problem,character what i made of myself was corrupted.

DazStudio doesn´t tolerate my face,had to delete myself. ;D

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,220

hahaha