beginner's problems

hi, can anyone help me understand my problems:

1. I load an Obj file to bryce and i smooth the mesh and and its always make the software not responding. is it because it too heavy or what i dont get it?

2. i accidentally deleted the bryce 7.0 content pack in my computer but i still can open bryce normally? is it effect anything if that pack being deleted? and if it does how do i still can open bryce ?

thank you so much guys, im just starting to use bryce, it seem so interesting but 

Comments

  • AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,838
    edited March 2023

    Do you understand the difference between a program and a content pack for that program?

     

    Oh, and don't smooth your imported objects in Bryce. Sort them out beforehand.

    Post edited by Ascania on
  • NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,809

    If you accidentally deleted the content that comes with Bryce you can download it again from your account.  You can also reinstall Bryce7 if it is the program that you deleted.

    Can you be more specific about what you deleted?

  • NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,809

    287ego, please don't give up.  We will help you until we fix everything for you.

    If you have a poly heavy object and your computer is not powerful, it is possible that it will freeze up when you try to use Bryce's smoothing.

    I have Hexagon from Daz3D but Blender and Wings3D are free.  You can bring an object into programs like those (modeling programs) and smooth them there then export them with a new name.  They should come into Bryce with no problems.

  • 287ego287ego Posts: 0

    Ascania said:

    Do you understand the difference between a program and a content pack for that program?

     

    Oh, and don't smooth your imported objects in Bryce. Sort them out beforehand.

    it weird because the bryce 7.0 content appear in my app feature, but i can still open bryce normally so i guess its fine, thank you tho :> 

  • 287ego287ego Posts: 0

    NGartplay said:

    287ego, please don't give up.  We will help you until we fix everything for you.

    If you have a poly heavy object and your computer is not powerful, it is possible that it will freeze up when you try to use Bryce's smoothing.

    I have Hexagon from Daz3D but Blender and Wings3D are free.  You can bring an object into programs like those (modeling programs) and smooth them there then export them with a new name.  They should come into Bryce with no problems.

    thank you so much <3 this is very helfull !! 

  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,109

    287ego - if you export and then import an OBJ file, you usually do not have to smooth it. If you export then import as 3DS file, you might need to smooth it. The problem you describe I have never experienced (exported from Hexagon, Wings3D, Daz Studio, MeshLab, ...) so I cannot help here.

    As NGartplay mentioned, you can re-download Bryce and the additional assets from your account. Have a look at the PDF you find on my website here: Bryce & 3D CG Documents > Mine > Diverse > Bryce Content FAQ that tells you where stuff belongs. I recommend that you copy all libraries to a save place, because if you add new assets (purchased, free or self made) they will be lost when you install Bryce anew. If you have a backup of those libraries, you can copy them back.

    Note that Bryce can be installed anywhere on your computer, even on a network drive or an USB stick. Never use DIM or Daz Central for anything Bryce.

    If you have questions about Bryce, ask, we are all here to help you.

  • AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,838

    287ego said:

    Ascania said:

    Do you understand the difference between a program and a content pack for that program?

     

    Oh, and don't smooth your imported objects in Bryce. Sort them out beforehand.

    it weird because the bryce 7.0 content appear in my app feature, but i can still open bryce normally so i guess its fine, thank you tho :> 

    Again, the content, the things you use inside the program, is not the same thing as the program itself. Or does your car magically disappear just because you emptied the boot?

Sign In or Register to comment.