dForce and collisions

Hi folks,

Just when I think I've figured out dForce, it plays another trick on me. Here's what I've got after I was able to keep wardrobe items from "exploding." No matter what I do, errant parts of the base (a GF8 figure) keep popping up through the dForce object. I've gone through just about every tutorial on Google and I'm stumped. Would appreciate your thoughts.

2023-03-21 (1).png
1920 x 1080 - 773K
2023-03-21.png
1920 x 1080 - 475K

Comments

• And did the figure start in that pose or did it start from a memorised, probably zero, pose? What are the collision detection options in Simulation Settings?

• amehtanasamehtanas Posts: 17
    No, it's animated using an AniBlock walk cycle. Collision detection has the wardrobe item connected to the G8F.
  • So is it starting with the feet passing through th skirt?

I was asking about the collision options in Simulation Settings, not the oens for Mesh Smoothing in the Parameters pane.

Thanks for replying so quickly! No, the first frame is fine. This problem occurs midway through the animation. In Simulation settings, I have the collision settings set to default.
  • Default isn't a setting.

What I mean is, I haven't changed anything in the collision options in the Simulation settings.

• OK, so try setting Colision Mode to best first, then try upping the mesh resolution or increasing the Collision iterations (the former may make it easier to spot intersections, but I suspect you may want the latter which will give the system more time to deal with any intersection from the last movement before going on to the next).

Tried all three of these, still having the same problem (increased collision iterations all the way up to 40 with no difference).

• Have you tried baking the AniBlock to the Timeline?

• Can I ask how you solved the dForce exploding clothing issue you mentioned? I have had such nightmares with this problem. Start in A pose, move character to chosen pose on frame 30, but the second the clothing touches another item, the time to calculate a frame jumps up to 3-4 minutes, and the clothing explodes into a million polygons that fly constantly away from the character, even during the draping (non movement) frames at the end.