Sun-Sky Time Format

jjoynerjjoyner Posts: 440

While watching a tutorial video last night, I noticed that the presenter's sun-sky time was in 24-hourt format. Mine is in 12-hour format with AM and PM.  I searched the forums and YouTube to see if I could find a way to change my format from 12-hour to 24-hour but found nothing about how to do that.  Is it possible to change the sun-sky time format after installation or was it a decision that had to be made when installing Daz Studio.  If the decision had to be made at the time of installation, does anyone know of a script that can change the format following installation?  Thanks.

Post edited by jjoyner on

Comments

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,183

I believe it uses your Windows system settings.

• jjoynerjjoyner Posts: 440

NorthOf45 said:

I believe it uses your Windows system settings.

OK. That makes sense now that you pointed it out. THe hard part was getting the info on how to change the Windows time settings.  Things that should be super easy to do  (such as toggling a switch, for example, to change the time format) are not easy from Microsoft.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,183
    edited March 2023

In case you haven't found it: Settings -> Time & Language -> Region -> "Change Data Formats"

ETA: Win10. You could also use Control Panel.

Post edited by NorthOf45 on

NorthOf45 said:

In case you haven't found it: Settings -> Time & Language -> Region -> "Change Data Formats"

ETA: Win10. You could also use Control Panel.

I found both of those but it should be so easy to do in Windows that I shouldn't have needed to search the internet to find the answer.  :)

Again, thanks!. 

• chris-2599934chris-2599934 Posts: 1,765

jjoyner said:

it should be so easy to do in Windows that I shouldn't have needed to search the internet to find the answer.  :)

I take it you're new to Windows...

edited March 2023

chris-2599934 said:

jjoyner said:

it should be so easy to do in Windows that I shouldn't have needed to search the internet to find the answer.  :)

I take it you're new to Windows...

No, not really.  I've been using computers since before Windows existed. It's just that Microsoft makes some things harder than they need to be.   :( 

Post edited by jjoyner on
  • ...And moves stuff between Windows generations. I was just starting to get the hang of windows when Win95 came out, and it's been an uphill struggle to learn where the less used stuff is ever since.

Regards,

Richard.

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,173

I started using Windows version 1.02. While in the military, it was still Dos. I think I have every version of widows.