Does DAZ STUDIO PRO 4.8 work with Windows 10?

Does DAZ STUDIO PRO 4.8 work with Windows 10?

Comments

• ToyenToyen Posts: 1,864

Yes I have been using it with Windows 10 since it came out and havent had any problems!

• Thank you.

• RSand55RSand55 Posts: 155
    Toyen said:

Yes I have been using it with Windows 10 since it came out and havent had any problems!

Hi Toyen:

You upgraded your Windows 7 or 8.1 installation to Windows 10 then reinstalled DAZ or was it left in place by Win 10?

Thanks.

• ToyenToyen Posts: 1,864

I upgraded from 8.1 to 10. it was there, as far as I know the upgrade does not uninstall any of your programs you currently have on your pc.

• RSand55RSand55 Posts: 155
    Toyen said:

I upgraded from 8.1 to 10. it was there, as far as I know the upgrade does not uninstall any of your programs you currently have on your pc.

Thank you! That was one of my biggest concerns.

• thomvinsonthomvinson Posts: 79
    edited September 2015

I have been a Win 10 insider for some time, the builds have been pretty stable with Daz studio until the last few insider updates which have completely broken Iray for me. Now every time I attempt an Iray render it crashes before completion. Currently on build 10532.

Post edited by thomvinson on
  • IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,115

I have been a Win 10 insider for some time, the builds have been pretty stable with Daz studio until the last few insider updates which have completely broken Iray for me. Now every time I attempt an Iray render it crashes before completion. Currently on build 10532.

Have you checked the taskmanager for memory use?

I've seen a number of posts talking about NDU (Network Data Useage) having a memory leak.Disabling it in the registry seems to solve it for most people.

• There are a ton of memory issues I am experiencing with this build, so your suggestion seems plausible. Thanks, I will give this a shot!  

edited September 2015

I searched the registry hive for "NDU" and came back with 85 entrys. Searching "Network Data Usage" brings back zero. Not really sure how to procede, now, just not very comfortable with dumping 85 registry keys!

*Laughing* 

None of them apply to Daz specifically, though roughly a dozen entries mention "image" in their path.

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,115

Windows 10 uses a different type of memory manager.So when you open the taskmanager, you won't see Studio, or Firefox or whatever using huge amounts of ram, it's a proccess called system.The last build of Windows 10 I used I saw the system process use up 30GB of ram.I think mine was coming from firefox, because if I closed it, the ram use for "system" went down to around 40MB.Still a bit high, but lots better than 10-30GB.

Keep an eye on your taskmanager,if you see "system" starting to use lots of ram, close your web browser, and see if the ram use goes down.If not, then it could be something else.

the NDU is for use on metered networks so you don't accidently go over your limit for the month.You tell it how much you can download each month, and it keeps a running total on it, sort of like a gas gage in a car. 

There are several tools you can download from MS site if you really want to troubleshoot a memory leak,I should warn you that it gets technical rather quickly.There isn't really any "easy" way to do it.

The instructions to disable the ndu in the registry can be found here

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-10-upgrade-from-81-99-ram-usage-and/269be2e2-de0f-4e7a-b4fc-cc6dd40da2ca?auth=1

edited September 2015

Thank you for the link!

Edit: Just moments after I replied I got notice of a new build (10547) it has a number of fixes so I will go ahead with that before pursuing the NDU angle.

edited September 2015

Build 10547 does seem to have resolved my problems. When the build finished, it said I had a problem and re-install my Nvidia drivers. Prolem solved! 

*Happy dance* I have Iray again!   

• edited November 2015

Happy to know that DAZ Studio Pro 4.8 could work with Windows 10.

I have now Windows 10 and DAZ Studio Pro 4.8 does not start with Windows 10 64-bit since I migrate from Win 8 to Win 10

It worked without issue under Windows 8.1 64-bit.

I tried several times to desintall and reinstall DAZ Studio, but there is no change.

I tried also to work in compatibility mode without result.

For information, I have no issue with Poser Pro, Bryce  or Hexagon.

Could someone help me ?

Post edited by jean.grison_50c07aa71b on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Did you install it using Daz Install Manager, or using a stand-alone installer?

What happens when you try to launch DS?

• I tried the two methods.
    Each time, the installation is completed successfully.

But, when I try to launch DAZ Studio, nothing happens.

In "run as administrator" mode, Windows asks for authorization to run DAZStudio.exe, but after nothing happens.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

You don't even see a splash screen, then.  What security software are you using?