Render crashing on XFashion Cat Ear Lingerie

Any idea what these lines from the log file mean?

I reinstalled the product but get them anyway 

2023-03-24 11:34:11.025 [WARNING] :: QColor::setRgb: RGB parameters out of range
2023-03-24 11:34:11.115 [INFO] :: Rendering image
2023-03-24 11:34:11.145 Iray [INFO] - IMAGE:IO ::   1.0   IMAGE  io   info : Loading image "F:\Content Library\Runtime\Textures\xtrart-3d\X-Fashion Cat Ear Lingerie\XF_CatEar_LingeriePantie_O.jpg", no selector, pixel type "Rgb", 4096x4096x1 pixels, 1 miplevel.
2023-03-24 11:34:11.148 Iray [INFO] - IMAGE:IO ::   1.0   IMAGE  io   info : Loading image "F:\Content Library\Runtime\Textures\xtrart-3d\X-Fashion Cat Ear Lingerie\XF_CatEar_LingeriePantie_D14.jpg", no selector, pixel type "Rgb", 4096x4096x1 pixels, 1 miplevel.
2023-03-24 11:34:11.156 Iray [INFO] - IMAGE:IO ::   1.0   IMAGE  io   info : Loading image "F:\Content Library\Runtime\Textures\xtrart-3d\X-Fashion Cat Ear Lingerie\XF_CatEar_LingeriePantie_M.jpg", no selector, pixel type "Rgb", 4096x4096x1 pixels, 1 miplevel.
2023-03-24 11:34:11.167 Iray [INFO] - IMAGE:IO ::   1.0   IMAGE  io   info : Loading image "F:\Content Library\Runtime\Textures\xtrart-3d\X-Fashion Cat Ear Lingerie\XF_CatEar_LingeriePantie_B.jpg", no selector, pixel type "Rgb", 4096x4096x1 pixels, 1 miplevel.
2023-03-24 11:34:17.141 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(369): Iray [WARNING] - API:DATABASE ::   1.0   API    db   warn : Transaction is released without being committed or aborted. Automatically aborting. 

Comments

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,602
    edited March 2023

I can confirm that there is something bugged with the panties from that outfit. I have tried to render a simple scene with the outfit twice and it quits the render straight away and doesn't seem to release the render engine and instead showing the "spinning wheel of death" in my cursor and so have to quit & restart Daz to try again. Rendering the outfit with the panties hidden worked OK so presumably the rest of the outfit is OK - although I have only tried the default (light-blue) material so far.

EDIT: OK, I can render an image with the panties fine on the Mac - although not too sure what that means. I thought maybe that it could be a driver issue on the PC so updated those but it still crashes :(

EDIT 2: I didn't originally see the "QColor::setRgb: RGB parameters out of range" error but it is showing up now (maybe I just missed it the first time). I am not quite sure where that is coming from since I have now tried unlinking all the images and setting a new base colour, in addition to running the iray uber base and then applying a concrete shader (because why not?) and it still crashes the render straight away.

Post edited by SofaCitizen on
  • LauritaLaurita Posts: 194

My report is from an empty scene with just the panties loaded, I can confirm this.

The strange part that it sometimes work, I think when I've just started up DAZ on a freshly booted PC. I tried to find the culprit and even tried to render without normal maps but (quite unsurprisingly) without success. The material files look perfectly fine in Photoshop as well, so I am at my wit's end.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,471

Sometimes the user facing preset files that are used for loading stuff and applying the presets. have unnecessary bloat in them, like animation data.

I just changed the materials to completely different ones with the same result. So the problem lies elsewhere.

edited March 2023

PerttiA said:

Sometimes the user facing preset files that are used for loading stuff and applying the presets. have unnecessary bloat in them, like animation data.

Oh! When I was digging into the duf files I noticed that there was animation data at the bottom. I had no idea what that did but didn't think it it was relevant. I was more focussed on the report about RGB being out of bounds so I was hacking around with the colour values - although they were all between 0 and 1 but I tried cropping the numbers incase QT can only handle a certain amount of digits after the decimal.

I'll try removing that in a bit and see if that fixes it.

EDIT: Removing the animations did not appear to fix the issue - plus the other components that seem to render fine also have animation data.

Post edited by SofaCitizen on

I opened a ticket to DAZ support. I actually have no idea of they do technical questions at all but I hope to reach xtrart-3d somehow.

That's probably the best idea. It seems that we are just fumbling around in the dark trying various things without success. The fact that I can render them on my Mac and you said you can make it work sometimes may explain why the PA was not aware that there is an issue. Hopefully support will be able to provide more insight - or even just a few other tests to try and narrow down the issue.

• SofaCitizen said:

PerttiA said:

Oh! When I was digging into the duf files I noticed that there was animation data at the bottom. I had no idea what that did but didn't think it it was relevant. I was more focussed on the report about RGB being out of bounds so I was hacking around with the colour values - although they were all between 0 and 1 but I tried cropping the numbers incase QT can only handle a certain amount of digits after the decimal.

I'll try removing that in a bit and see if that fixes it.

EDIT: Removing the animations did not appear to fix the issue - plus the other components that seem to render fine also have animation data.

The animation data is, as I recall, used for all transforms, even if there is only the one frame. Otherwise there would be a place for non-animated settings and a place for animated settings. Some products have slipped through with actual, unwanted animations embedding chnages made during scene setup, which makes them hard to use in an actual animation, but Iray doesn't get sent animation data so in this case I don't think that is relevant aside from a potential drag on system resources.

Just a quick update: The Help Desk got back to me that the problem had been reproduced and identified and the PA is informed to solve it. So a fixed file is probably to be released in some time.

Laurita said:

Just a quick update: The Help Desk got back to me that the problem had been reproduced and identified and the PA is informed to solve it. So a fixed file is probably to be released in some time.

Awesome! Let's hope the PA can solve this issue. It would be interesting to find out what was causing it but perhaps we will never know.

• CoryllonCoryllon Posts: 280

I see this has not been fixed yet

Coryllon said:

I see this has not been fixed yet

There was an update to the product on 2023-04-21 - did this not fix it for you?  It's rendering fine on my machine now.