Script to help chain together multi-frame animated poses

spacecat56spacecat56 Posts: 54
edited April 2023 in Freebies

I've had such difficulty and poor results trying to use aniblocks [no, thank you, I do not want to talk about that] that I have been converting the ones I want to use into multi-frame pose presets and using those on the native timeline.  Also, some animation products are being offered that way (as poses rather than aniblocks) in the store.

The key difficulty I hit in doing that is that pose preset animations accomplish figure motion by moving the hip, and so, they do not readily chain together one after another; the second one "restarts" at the figure's origin rather than "continuing" from the end.  

There may be other / easier / simpler ways to handle this, but, the solution I've arrived is a script to (primarily) modify the X and Z translation and Y rotation of the hip and the figure (or, preferably, a Null parent of the figure) in the last frame of the sequence.  In effect the script transfers those components of the hip movement to the figure's root / parent.  That done, the subsequent pose sequence adds to the figure movement rather than restarting it. 

It's a bit more complicated than that, as explained in the readme, which is a PDF in the attached zip, along with the script.

The HipToFigure script is offered here, free, under the MIT License, "in the hope that others may find it useful but with no warranty of any kind" that it will be.

zip
zip
HipToFigure.zip
Post edited by spacecat56 on

Comments