probably been metioned already  ~

_  thanx 

Post edited by ed3D on
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,927
    edited January 2022

thanks ed3d it's goo  d for converting movement files from carnegie

Post edited by Headwax on
  • 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,017
    Out of beta and free, NVIDIA Omniverse, Daz3D was listed in the Nvidia CES 2022 presentation, the future of all 3D creation they say: https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2022/01/04/omniverse-available-free-to-creators/
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,859

3drendero said:

Out of beta and free, NVIDIA Omniverse, Daz3D was listed in the Nvidia CES 2022 presentation, the future of all 3D creation they say: https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2022/01/04/omniverse-available-free-to-creators/

it is truly awesome looking but sadly only for RTX cards

I have been lusting over it for a year, the initial beta actually let me install it with my GTX 980Ti but I couldn't do a lot as too laggy since then I cannot even install it as it checks the card specs 

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,989

Headwax said:

thanks ed3d it's goo  d for converting movement files from carnegie

_  you're quite welcome  _   yes 

edited January 2022
    _  N/A  - double entry  _   
    Post edited by ed3D on

wombo

an AI browser app, the video by one of the YouTube channels I subscribe to has some great ideas we can do in Carrara

https://app.wombo.art/

• McGuiverMcGuiver Posts: 219

Thanks Wendy .... I stayed up way too late last night playing with wombo.art

it's addictive! laugh

not as good as Carrara (or Bryce) by looks but free

the Ultrascatter crowd might like it but I am not going to spam their threads

Unreal engine 5 is out. Free. Nvidia has released Omniverse Create 2022.1. Free. Blender 3.1 is out. Free.
  • SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969

3drendero said:

Unreal engine 5 is out. Free. Nvidia has released Omniverse Create 2022.1. Free. Blender 3.1 is out. Free.

Unreal Engine: I have always wondered about if you can only be a hobbyist to not pay royalties or can you have stills/illustrations to include in eg printed brochures, etc as for educational or museum material?  From their site. Any advice? 

frown Silene

This license is free to use for learning, and for developing internal projects; it also enables you to distribute many commercial projects without paying any fees to Epic Games, including custom projects delivered to clients, linear content (such as films and television shows) and any product that earns no revenue or whose revenue falls below the royalty threshold.  

SileneUK said:

3drendero said:

Unreal Engine: I have always wondered about if you can only be a hobbyist to not pay royalties or can you have stills/illustrations to include in eg printed brochures, etc as for educational or museum material?  From their site. Any advice? 

frown Silene

This license is free to use for learning, and for developing internal projects; it also enables you to distribute many commercial projects without paying any fees to Epic Games, including custom projects delivered to clients, linear content (such as films and television shows) and any product that earns no revenue or whose revenue falls below the royalty threshold.  

there is an income threshold, its pretty high like a million I think 

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969

WendyLuvsCatz said:

surpriseyeslaugh Silene 

SileneUK said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

surpriseyeslaugh Silene 

Unreal Engine 5 is free
     to create linear content, custom projects, and internal projects.
     It’s free to get started for game development
    –a 5% royalty only kicks in when your title
     earns over $1 million USD.

Thanx  ~ 

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,615

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Looks interesting, anyway. Now that I have a graphics card made this decade, I can give it a spin!

edited April 2022

Torquinox said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Looks interesting, anyway. Now that I have a graphics card made this decade, I can give it a spin!

I did foolishly share it since in that thread and got schooled by a user for poking my nose in all the time, so staying out of there for good now

I was only looking with interest as one day inevitably Carrara without DAZ development, will no longer be supported by Windows aggressive updates, Mac users already feel this pain 

but I am really better off looking for alternatives outside of DAZ studio TBH, I already am using Unreal Engine

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    Just to clarify the UE4 and UE5 license, images/videos are always free, games have 5% royalty. "A 5% royalty is due only if you are distributing an off-the-shelf product that incorporates Unreal Engine code (such as a game)..."
  • PGrePGre Posts: 95

Looks like Akeytsu is going free per the blog post on their site (Nukeygara) dated 3/31/22. They don't give a timeline, but suggest downloading the trial version if you don't wan't to wait. Doesn't sound like a great situation for the company, but current version is quite capable.

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,615

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Torquinox said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I did foolishly share it since in that thread and got schooled by a user for poking my nose in all the time, so staying out of there for good now

I was only looking with interest as one day inevitably Carrara without DAZ development, will no longer be supported by Windows aggressive updates, Mac users already feel this pain 

but I am really better off looking for alternatives outside of DAZ studio TBH, I already am using Unreal Engine

MS has been unbelievably stellar about backwards compatibility of programs in Windows! The future you describe could happen, but I doubt it will happen any time soon. Also, aggressive updates can be controlled. Not saying this is foolproof, not promising it will be free of unexpected consequences, but it can be controlled. devil 

Houdini Engine Indie is free, support UE4 and UE5. Some free assets to start with: http://www.cgchannel.com/2022/04/download-custom-houdini-tools-from-sidefxs-project-titan/
    edited May 2022

OK annoying FBX import quirk is you get parametric shaders in layers

otherwise it does load the maps and the lightbulbs have glow!

but the glass has no alpha or transparency

you have to drill through the paremetric shader to find it and drop a glass shader on each because consolidating textures it loses the names of the objects it applies to

likewise the decals need the alpha png map or the opacity map in alpha

applying the shader to any object replaces all the shaders!!!!! so you are stuck with the layered one

really need to add lights to those bulbs

Octane cheats work better but I likely can do some Carrara native cheats that are much faster

interestingly enough Carrara is the only program that correctly imports this so far (that I have tried)

DAZ studio and Poser make a right mess of it and iClone 3DXchange misses all the textures

Twnmotion gets most of it with some bits misrotated not tried Blender and Unreal yet

Video Carrara native render

parametric.JPG
    1920 x 1040 - 273K
    Carrara no lights.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 63K
    Octane path trace.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 127K
    sponzapass_Denoised beauty0000.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
  • ProPoseProPose Posts: 520

Nice one Wendy.  Those are massive downloads.  Havn't had a chance to get them yet.

another free opensource game engine

has node based scripting which I may be able to fumble with about as well as I do Unreal Blueprints blush

I may look at it sometime as another renderer

https://www.o3de.org/

Anatomy includes cardiovascular system

https://www.z-anatomy.com/

• FirePro9FirePro9 Posts: 455

This one may be overkill for most modelers but, should one like to or need to use a 3D Parametric Modeler there is FreeCAD available at:    www.freecad.org

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,927

great finds all - the anatomy one looks good 

here's one for designing gears - it ouputs an stl file but you can easily fix it and make it and obj file with eg 3dBuilder which comes with windows  Gears 3D Printer - Download (softonic.com)

as an alternative to freecad is Tinkercad | Create 3D digital designs with online CAD | Tinkercad - pretty simple but powerful

edited August 2022

https://grisk.itch.io/stable-diffusion-gui

Stable Diffusion GUI

I can only do 512x512 images with my 2080Ti but it's free, a Windows exe with a GUI and runs on my computer

my text prompts

a cat on a cushion in a lovely room

grey tabby catlady in royal attire ( missed out half that one)

royal elf with long blond hair

portrait zombie queen in red gown

20220828153253_3074168580.png
    512 x 512 - 446K
    20220828153834_1576558070.png
    512 x 512 - 492K
    20220828154452_557051868.png
    512 x 512 - 422K
    20220828154831_2993638787.png
    512 x 512 - 503K
    Capture.JPG
    492 x 528 - 42K
  • https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/media/aws-thinkbox-products-now-available-free-of-charge/

Free Amazon software 

including a particle software and modeller

others mostly plugins for Max etc

And Then  ,  how about if  a game is Free -  could it be remarked on here -

Or  " is it Not for Games "    &  thanx