Fixing the "My Daz3D Library" Folder

sjaammonssjaammons Posts: 185

I stupidly took my Library folder and moved it to the desktop thinking it would make opening custom content easier, but now all of my figures and content are missing from Daz! I can't remember where its specifically supposed to go (I grabbed it from a search window) Can anyone tell me the path I need to look for to return the Library folder to its proper place? I REALLY don't want to uninstall and reinstall it and need to redownload all of my content....

Thanks again!

Post edited by sjaammons on

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

There's no need to uninstall anything...if you just grabbed the entire folder.

You can actually put it anywhere you wan't, but I don't think the desktop is the best place for it. 

If you go to Edit > Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Management  and expand DAZ Studio Formats, it should show the path to where it was.  You can put it back there...or if you want it somewhere else (even the desktop) just select it and hit Edit.  That will allow you to set the new path.

• sjaammonssjaammons Posts: 185
    edited September 2015
    mjc1016 said:

There's no need to uninstall anything...if you just grabbed the entire folder.

You can actually put it anywhere you wan't, but I don't think the desktop is the best place for it. 

If you go to Edit > Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Management  and expand DAZ Studio Formats, it should show the path to where it was.  You can put it back there...or if you want it somewhere else (even the desktop) just select it and hit Edit.  That will allow you to set the new path.

That doesn't work. I've tried everything, putting it different areas and I've selected the path to the My Content Library but Daz won't accept it,now the only thing that shows up in my smart content areas is the "Unassigned" items. What am I doing wrong?

Post edited by sjaammons on
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Put it back to where it was, then make sure the path is correct in CDM.  The you will probably need to do Database Maintenance...at the least reimporting the metadata.