My freebies

DocMikeBDocMikeB Posts: 11
edited April 2023 in Freebies

I'd like to post here my freebies but I have a question.

I upload my free items mostly on Renderosity. Does DAZ Forum allow to post non-commercial Renderosity links?
Thanks in advance.

Post edited by DocMikeB on

Comments

• I do one or two freebie items at Rendo, but what I do is to do a complete new upload here when the .zip is under 5Mb. I usually attach the .png version of the promo image and also the zip file to a new thread started for the item. I tend to go into more detail here in the description, as there's no 1000 character limit, and occasionally use more images to show how things work (like with my Pose Transfer scripts).

If the zip file is more than 5Mb it won't attach to a post here, and I either don't mention the Rendo freebie here or I link to my Freestuff page. More often, I don't mention it here. I've been a member at Rendo for a couple of years longer than here, and Rendo tends to be seen by more people, so if there is a possible hint difficulty here, I don't post here.

There are other freebie makers who just link to ShareCG or Google Drive from here, even though the freebie is also on Rendo.

Regards,

Richard

• Given that just about every page at Renderosity now has product plugs it would certainly be preferable to use a different host - attach to the post, or use soemthing like Dropbox or One/Google Drive.

• riuken1riuken1 Posts: 128

You can try deviantat.

• CriosCrios Posts: 2,690

DocMikeB said:

I'd like to post here my freebies but I have a question.

I upload my free items mostly on Renderosity. Does DAZ Forum allow to post non-commercial Renderosity links?
    Thanks in advance.

Cioè non lo so, mettiamoli da me e mettici il link. 

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,328

You could also try sharecg or 3d shards