Poser 2014 Library

Hello All,

Perhaps I'm missing something, but everytime I open Poser my Library has to refresh. Now, I have a rather large library. And it takes FOREVER to refresh the whole Library. Why does the Library need to refresh all the time? Is it a setting? Please help

Arc'

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Operating system and version...also location of the library/

• My Library is in the Runtime folder within the Poser program. Should it be somewhere else?? Are there issues with Windows 10 and Poser?

Not necessarily with Windows 10, but possibly the IE version.

We need exact paths for the Runtime...because Windows can throw fits if user content is in certain locations (and from what I can tell with my wife's laptop, Win10 does really go out of its way to 'protect' certain locations).

• Hmmmm, OK. I hadn't thought of that. I use Firefox not Internet Explorer tho.

Here is my Runtime path:   C:\Program Files\Poser Pro 2014\Runtime\Libraries

~Arc

You may not...but Poser does.  And that's the default location for the Runtime?

• By default, I guess you mean where did it install automatically? Should I swithc to Firefox, or update IE, even if its not my browser of choice?

Yes, where it automatically installed...

Basically the refreshing is probably due to Win10, its IE version (Poser relies on IE) and the content location...as to doing anything about it...probably needs an update from SM or some setting change I'm not familiar with.

• Thank you very much for the help!   :)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

We can move this thread to the Poser forum if you like, maybe someone would pull into it there and give you more help

• Under Windows Vista or later you should not place content in the Program Files folder. The default location is \Public Documents\Smith Micro\PoserPro 2014 Content I think, though it does give a set of choices.