Posing in Carrara problem

is in Carrara there is the possibility to mirror a pose similar to studio. I've rigged some characters in Carrara and now I want to mirror the posing of one or the other character. is there an easy way

Comments

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,085

Hmmm.  It does seem like an obvious sort of thing that should be under the Animation drop-down in the Assemble room, but I find nothing there.

Or, it is the kind of thing that should be under the Edit drop-down in the Assemble room, but nothing obvious.  I do have an option in this menu called 'Swap' or Control E, but my initial test did not do what I thought it might.  Nor do I remember how Swap got there - whether it came with Carrara or is a plug-in.  If you have a Swap option under Edit, you might experiment with that.

And speaking of plug-ins, this seems like a task so common and useful that if Carrara did not have the function built in, then DCG or Sparrowhawke or Fenric or Philemo or... would have written one.

Thanks for asking this question.  I hope there is a positive response.

I also tried the 'mirror' check box in the motion tab in the properties tray, after selecting a joint.  No luck for me, but perhaps worth exploring.

• BrianP21361BrianP21361 Posts: 791

There is a plug-in that does this. It used to be avaialble in the DAZ store, but not anymore. I can't remember the name of it, but I think it was from Fenric. 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,871

BrianP21361 said:

There is a plug-in that does this. It used to be avaialble in the DAZ store, but not anymore. I can't remember the name of it, but I think it was from Fenric. 

Fenric has made his all stuff available for free but it needs a DAZ/Poser rigged mesh even his BVH exporter does, Carrara rigging is not seen as a figure.

• RuudLRuudL Posts: 190
    edited April 2023

@BrianP21361 Perhaps 'Pose Helper' by Fenric ??

Carrara ProScreenSnapz018.png
    460 x 415 - 74K
    Post edited by RuudL on

Yes. That's the one I was thinking of. 

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,757
    edited April 2023

WendyLuvsCatz said:

BrianP21361 said:

Fenric has made his all stuff available for free but it needs a DAZ/Poser rigged mesh even his BVH exporter does, Carrara rigging is not seen as a figure.

Did a quick test with one of Stezza's wonderful figures

Arm and leg raised

Pose helper sort of/partially worked

Carrara Pose Helper 1.png
    2268 x 1033 - 344K
    Carrara Pose Helper 2.png
    2268 x 1040 - 349K
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
  • KhoeKhoe Posts: 293

oh jää
    i test it, 

Thanks at all :)

edited April 2023

Wendy is right, it needs a DAZ/Poser character.  It works fine with V4

Carrara ProScreenSnapz018.png
    545 x 772 - 185K
    Post edited by RuudL on

Wendy is always right. Lol

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

BrianP21361 said:

Wendy is always right. Lol

+1

Would be great on a bumper sticker. laugh

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,871

nah, I bury my mistakes well devil

RuudL said:

Would be great on a bumper sticker. laugh

Perhaps the theme of the next challenge - the Wendy is Always Right bumper sticker.  yes

• KhoeKhoe Posts: 293

Yes it works fine :) Thanks :)