Charm Hair missing morphs *Resolved*

EthinEthin Posts: 1,040

The morphs seem to be missing from  "Charm Hair".

I checked the shaping tab, I've looked though every node with "show hidden content" checked. I've tried loading it from the D|S and Poser directories locations and Smart Content. I've tried everything I can think of in case it's not downloading or installing properly. I don't know what else I can do.

I'm sorry if this has been covered all ready, I tried searching the forums but didn't find anything.

Post edited by Ethin on

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Try the Parameters pane, it looks like it wasn't set up to use the Shaping and Posing panes.

• EthinEthin Posts: 1,040

I don't use the Shaping and Posing panes, but yeah nothing in the Parameters pane either.

If you load it by itself without a figure, are the morphs missing?  Is this the Genesis 1 or Genesis 2 Female version?

If you load it by itself without a figure, are the morphs missing?  Is this the Genesis 1 or Genesis 2 Female version?

Yes, the morphs are missing whether or not ther is a figure. Genesis 2 Female.

How did you install it?

With DIM. DIM shows that a bunch of files with similar names to the morphs listed on the product page where installed, but they don't seem to be loading with the hair.

What's the full path to one of the morph files?

• /data/Michelle/Hair/Charm Hair/Morphs/Michelle/Base/BackShort.dsf

What's the path before Data?

daz\studio\content\data

Is that in Program Files?

Oh sorry, yes thats in Program Files.

What OS?  Windows Vista and up protect the Program Files folders, so it may be that the files aren't really where Windows says they are.

Still rock'n XP.

Can you post these 2 screenshots:
    1) In DS, Edit > Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Manager, expand the "DAZ Studio Formats" and "Poser Formats"
    2) In DIM, on Ready to Install tab check the "Show Details" box in the lower right

Done.

daz.jpg
    1152 x 864 - 437K
    dim.jpg
    1152 x 864 - 243K

It looks like you have DIM installing to the D drive, but the path DS is looking at is on the C drive.

edited September 2015

Copied the morph files to the C drive and that looks like it fix it for now.

Thank you for the help!smiley

Wonder what else I broke by trying to move my content from the C to the D.

Post edited by Ethin on
  • fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,075

You don't have to copy back to C:, just change the path in Studio to relfect the location on the D: drive.