Carrara Newbie questions

Is there a way to enter file locations by typing them in, rather than negotiating file trees? Is there a way to make file openings persistent? That is, if I open a file in a location, most programs will remember that location for any subsequent file opens.

When opening stuff in the 'scene browser,' like atmosphere, ocean, landscapes, etc, is there any way to open/merge additional stuff into the file you are working on rather than opening a completely new window?

Comments

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969
    edited September 2015

Hiya,

I am not an advanced user, so maybe I am mis-understanding your issue.  I am not sure what file locations you are looking for, your Car files of your created artwork? Or shaders when in the Shader room?  Maybe someone else will see this question and put me straight! 

As to your second sentence, if you are talking about issues when you CREATE A NEW FILE using the various options under FILE, and want to add more scene items after opening a PRESET SCENE, using Scene Wizard, they are under the SCENES tab (to left of OBJECTS in my 8.5Pro). Just drag into your Scene's tree. You can drag almost anything from the browser tabs into a current scene.

If you want to open a NEW file and get the New Document dialogue box where you can choose from the three options, Presets, Landscape Wizard, Empty Scene,   Presets takes you to the Scene Wizard as well, so follow the same as above for getting more items.  If you choose Landscape Wizard, again most of these items are under SCENES,  eg  Sky, and others are under the MISC tab.  And of course Shaders are under SHADERS tab. The Skies of Reality and other items like that are managed as well  in the Scene setting in the right Tree Panel.  Or you can get to them via the MISC tab and drag and drop onto the Atmosphere setting at the top. 

I have lots of other scenes and skies that I have acquired. For me, these do not come up under the Landscape Wizard... they are only under my SCENES tab. I do not know if you are supposed to be able to incorporate them into the Landscape Wizard or not. Might be I am not installing them right, possibly. No matter to me, I know where they are. 

Sorry if this is not what you meant... and maybe it will get someone else's attention so they can correct or expand on this.

Cheers, SileneUK

Post edited by SileneUK on
  • TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

In my experience, Carrara only remembers some paths somtimes. It's very hit and miss.

My best suggestion for the landscape etc presets is, once you've opened them in a new window, just copy & paste them into the 3d view window foy your project. You may need to rescale if the "world size" is different.

• IKtorIKtor Posts: 44

First question im not understand very well.But in second while we are working I use Import  files to not open new windows.We only have to give attentiion on Tab Objects when we erase some of them check if they are really out.Cause in scene we dont see them,but in tab they remain  and create unecessary memory