Daz Scene Files

Can somebody please tell me if there is a way to read .daz scene files. I have some large, complex scenes which I was working on & can no longer open because the Daz generated data files are missing. I really do not want to have to rebuild these scenes from scratch. I do not really need the data files as I can load the figures & props from their original locations, but I do need the transform information, cameras, lights etc.

Comments

• Do you still have a version of DS that saves .daz files? If so you can load the content (the models and any actual morphs, you don't need poses or morph settings or lights or materiials) and save as a scene (under a new name). That will generate the .dso etc. files, though you may find they are in the wrong \Data\#_# folder if the main version number doesn't match the one the scene was saved from - you can just copy them across to the right folder in my experinece.

• Thankyou Richard I will give that a try. I was hoping there was some way to simply convert .daz file to plain text but then Daz never does anything the easy way. Running multiple versions of Daz Studio means many "default" locations for data files but I will work it out. Thousands of folders of duplicate files which I never use because I work from the runtime folder but must maintain or I lose all my scene files. Good idea that Daz!

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,583

All versions of DS since at least DS2 allow external content folders, you don't need to duplicate the content.