A Properties Tab for Daz Scene Assets and Subsets.

A properties tab for scene subsets and assets, if there one I am unaware of it. I often create characters and save them complete as scene subsets to be loaded whole and intact later in scenes I am building. I can't always remember the properties I gave to a particular character though, things like Morph Dial percentages, the exact skin mat or costume parts chosen ect ect. It would be nice if I could right click on a scene asset and select properties to see these exact details without having to chase down every single item. 

For example. I have a character which is M6 based but morphed, I want to create another charcter who is almost the same, still different enough to pass for brothers. It would be nice to be able to select some of the same features, maps and morphs, which could be seen from a properties tab, without having to chase every single detail down to identify which skin or eye map was used.

Comments

• Use presets - a character preset will, by default, save shape and materials. You can use the options dialogue to remove some settings if desired.

• thomvinsonthomvinson Posts: 79
    edited September 2015

I do use presets, but that's not what I am asking for, I want to be albe to right click on a character already in scene and select "Properties" to be able to see exactly what assets that character is using, so that I can choose which to apply to other characters. In this example I was trying to create siblings, but I did not want them identical, I just wanted them very simular. Things like skin type/maps, morph percentages and such. Yes, I realize it's probably asking for too much, but it would be very useful feature to me, and I suspect to many others as well. 

Or even more practical, if I want at add genitals to an existing character, it would be nice to be able to right click and see which skin map I am using so I can select the right genital map, rather than having to search through half of them until I stumble on the right one.

My Daz-fu is still rather weak, making things more user friendly will always be apprieciated. 

Post edited by thomvinson on
  • It would indeed be useful if the parameters could be filtered to "anything not at zero"

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,874
    edited September 2015

It would indeed be useful if the parameters could be filtered to "anything not at zero"

There is a "Currently Used" in the Parameters tab that does exactly that ... but that's not quite what thomvinson is asking for, I think. Note that in the current view, it doesn't include the hair or her clothes or anything like that, just the main figure.

CurrentlyUsed.jpg
    1213 x 771 - 337K
    Post edited by vwrangler on
  • vwrangler said:

It would indeed be useful if the parameters could be filtered to "anything not at zero"

There is a "Currently Used" in the Parameters tab that does exactly that ... but that's not quite what thomvinson is asking for, I think. Note that in the current view, it doesn't include the hair or her clothes or anything like that, just the main figure.

Ah-ha!  It's exactly what I was looking for though!

• thomvinsonthomvinson Posts: 79
    edited September 2015

The "Currently Used" parameter is helpful, but it's not complete, I would like to see that info rolled into a single window with the detailed list of costume parts and props on that character.

Post edited by thomvinson on