Turning off transparency in OpenGL

I hate sounding like a noob, but I always seem to run into noob-ish problems! I guess I'm in my Carrara second childhood stage?

Anyway, I don't know what I did, or how it happened. I did load several Windows updates recently, which may have done something to my settings. All I know is that, when I have a figure in Carrara whose first texture node has transparency in it, the figure shows up transparent in the Assemble Room, which is really annoying and I'm 100 percent sure it wasn't doing this a couple weeks ago. I must have checked or unchecked something somewhere without realizing it.

Does anyone here know how to turn transparency off in the 3D preview? I went through all of the Preferences and View options, and there doesn't appear to be any 'Turn Transparency On/Off' options there.

Comments

• In the Assembly Room, at the top of the window's menu bar, towards the right side, there is an icon that looks like a circle with an up arrow in the middle. Clicking that icon will open the Interactive Renderer, where you can adjust many different display options, including the transparency option. Note that any changes you make are completely independent of the Render Room settings and effect only the 3D view. The changes are also only per-scene, so it is not universal like a preferences setting.
  • Egad! I have no idea how I ever turned that on! Must have been a full moon. Me and my werewolf self will need to have a talk about his midnight Carrara sessions.

Thanks, that was the source of the problem. That will from this point onward be known as the 'Do Not Push Under Any Circumstances' Button.

• I think it is on by default. I don't know why the figures turn transparent. Maybe you adjusted the default shader by mistake? Do the figures render as they should, meaning opaque? ;-)
  • The figures render correctly; it's just the preview. There are just too many floating variables for me to figure out when where and how it happened; I'm just glad it's fixed now. I've not only been installing updates and reinstalling software, but I've also been goofing around with my video card settings for different apps. Looking back, there are a ton of poiints where I could have changed or unchanged something without realizing what I was doing.

• Well, whatever the cause, I'm glad you have a fix! :)