Discussion has ended.

MjvolMjvol Posts: 93
edited October 2015 in New Users

Hello Daz folks,Discussion has ended. 

Post edited by Mjvol on

Comments

• jaxprogjaxprog Posts: 312

Hi Mjvol. Great aspirations to become a PA. I would like to recommend an ebook written by Predatron titled, "Dream It, Plan It, Make it" sold at the Daz Store.

Here is the link:  http://www.daz3d.com/dream-it-plan-it-make-it

I bought this ebook and read it from cover to cover. It has great information, advice and insight about how to start PA work and doing PA work for a living. The authors write from experience and also provide points of view from from other fellow PA's. Don't let the price deter you because the knowledge and insight you will gain is worth every penny.

I wish you well with your goals!

• The DS OBJ import dialogue does offer a Silo preset, try that.

If you want to create a figure you don't need to make it out of separate parts, but you do want to group it (probably - it can be done in DS but the tools in a modeller are likely to be better). Them instead of importing it into the viewport import it into the Figure Set up pane (right-click in Geometry List), drag into the Relationships panel and drag and drop to arrange the bone hierarchy, then click Create and edit the joint centres on your new figure with the Joint Editor tool and use the Node Weight Map brush tool right-click menu to fill the groups with wieight as a starting point.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

It is material zones that determine what parts of the mesh can be 'painted' individually, a cube could have all of its sides assigned as different material zones