Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,546

In the cart it dove.

Any interior in the future?

• 3djoji3djoji Posts: 1,075

PerttiA said:

In the cart it dove.

Any interior in the future?

Depending how many submarine are catched, it will be a great addon for stories! 

• GhostofMacbethGhostofMacbeth Posts: 1,552

Very nice

GhostofMacbeth said:

Very nice

Thank you 

• Matt_BrownMatt_Brown Posts: 173

It's another beautiful boat that you have created there.

In one of your promo shots you have it just commencing a dive and the bow-wave and wake in that image look perfect. How did you do that shot? I would do more boat based renders if I was a little better at creating convincing wakes.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,601

Matt_Brown said:

In one of your promo shots you have it just commencing a dive and the bow-wave and wake in that image look perfect. How did you do that shot? I would do more boat based renders if I was a little better at creating convincing wakes.

I agree, your promos are fantastic. If not postwork, you should release a water addon to go with your boats

Matt_Brown said:

Thank you for comment. This promo is based upon a render in DazStudio and a big postwork in photoshop from a nice background picture I picked up  from the net. I often use adobe AfterEffect for creating subsceneries and I pickup free ocean pictures around the net. cut, past deforming and assembling, masking etc parts of all these elements placed in front, around or back the submarine is how to create/adapt such a background picture to the submarine. I like this result so much that I want to share it among the promos.

• Matt_BrownMatt_Brown Posts: 173

3djoji said:

Matt_Brown said:

Thank you for comment. This promo is based upon a render in DazStudio and a big postwork in photoshop from a nice background picture I picked up  from the net. I often use adobe AfterEffect for creating subsceneries and I pickup free ocean pictures around the net. cut, past deforming and assembling, masking etc parts of all these elements placed in front, around or back the submarine is how to create/adapt such a background picture to the submarine. I like this result so much that I want to share it among the promos.

Thank you. I'll have to give that a try for myself.

• A barnacle-encrusted version, for all those stories where people have to brave the wreck in pursuit of treasure looted or mysterious artefacts obtained by the Nazis, would be handy.

Richard Haseltine said:

A barnacle-encrusted version, for all those stories where people have to brave the wreck in pursuit of treasure looted or mysterious artefacts obtained by the Nazis, would be handy.

a kind of wreck version? why not! I've to think about it, it is a very good idea

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

Spot on for details. I am more familiar with the Type IX but this looks awesome!

Sigurd said:

Spot on for details. I am more familiar with the Type IX but this looks awesome!

Thank you 

• 3djoji said:

Richard Haseltine said:

A barnacle-encrusted version, for all those stories where people have to brave the wreck in pursuit of treasure looted or mysterious artefacts obtained by the Nazis, would be handy.

a kind of wreck version? why not! I've to think about it, it is a very good idea

Thank you for considering it.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,396

Richard Haseltine said:

3djoji said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Thank you for considering it.

Seconded, that's a lovely idea! Cannot use the boat as is, but would definitely love to do some wreck scenes with it. 

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,526
    edited April 2023

When I saw this and it fell into my card just like that, I heard this in my head:

Post edited by Totte on

Totte said:

When I saw this and it fell into my card just like that, I heard this in my head:

A great great movie! Thank you for posting and supporting this project.

• Dear Design team:

Thanks for employ a suggestion of the WWII German submarine.  It looks great in renders and with the rust and coral reef shaders makes a terrific 'Wreck' for UW scenes.  As another possible idea  Please consider a generic German U-Boat crew uniform from that period too.  Obviously Daz has to be careful with what it puts out so if NO insignia of national "Bird" symbols were on the uniforms, it would just like a "Sailor uniform;.  Please also think about creating a submarine escape Breathing Lung. Cheers

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,794
    edited April 2023

Indeed~ better @3djoji enlightened

Post edited by crosswind on
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,526
    edited April 2023

3djoji said:

Totte said:

Anything WWII falls automagically into my cart as long as it is a least decently historical accurate. This sub is excellent!

Post edited by Totte on

Totte said:

3djoji said:

Totte said:

Anything WWII falls automagically into my cart as long as it is a least decently historical accurate. This sub is excellent!

thank you 

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,151
    edited April 2023

FanBoy2022 said:

Dear Design team:

Thanks for employ a suggestion of the WWII German submarine.  It looks great in renders and with the rust and coral reef shaders makes a terrific 'Wreck' for UW scenes.  As another possible idea  Please consider a generic German U-Boat crew uniform from that period too.  Obviously Daz has to be careful with what it puts out so if NO insignia of national "Bird" symbols were on the uniforms, it would just like a "Sailor uniform;.  Please also think about creating a submarine escape Breathing Lung. Cheers

Merging with the PA's thread as this is not a Daz Studio application topic.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • GoggerGogger Posts: 2,314
    edited May 2023

I've been eager to give this a go!  Rendered and then processed with Photoshop.

Photoshopped Render:

From this original render:

006a_German_Submarine_DS.png
    3440 x 1440 - 8M
    DS_Submarine_Ops_3D_Erik_Pedersen.jpg
    3440 x 1440 - 680K
    Post edited by Gogger on

Gogger said:

I've been eager to give this a go!  Rendered and then processed with Photoshop.

Photoshopped Render:

Stunning, good job! 

• PitmaticPitmatic Posts: 785

Insta buy smiley  is it possible to raise the second perioscope? 

Pitmatic said:

Insta buy smiley  is it possible to raise the second perioscope? 

both periscope can be raised as shown in this promo

WWII German Submarine_popup06.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 345K
  • PitmaticPitmatic Posts: 785

Thank you!

• Rod Wise DriggoRod Wise Driggo Posts: 2,152

Great product. Had to get it. Providing some interiors in the future would be cool.