Horse 3 stuff - pose presets, pose control presets ...

Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,015
edited June 2023 in Freebies

Finally - getting around to playing with Horse 3 :-) While working on some textures, discovered said horse could really use some content for poses.

All this one little aniBlock is supposed to be doing is nodding the head.

Update: After updating Horse 3, discovered that SOME of the basic pose moves had been basically destroyed ... so will have to redo what I can when I can.

In the meantime I've removed the zip and edited a few posts.

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

thanks

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,015
    edited April 2023

Update: I have made several pose presets basically for side-viewing poses. Ambitiously am hoping to make some aniblocks for actions too. Do expect to make some adjustments for various scenes of course. [not all land is flat like a floor for example]. Also planning some carousel horse poses. Time is running slowly over here though so will be arriving when it can.

Teaser promo ;-)

Oh yes, set will include a 'reset pose' preset. Use it INSTEAD of clear pose from figure unless desiring to clear the animation line.

Pose Promo.png
    1000 x 1000 - 1M
    edited May 2023

Animation nightmare! Okay, I have one aniBlock which is sort of okay. I didn't make up a Readme, so yes, you can use it [if you really want to] commercially.

1. Many people cannot draw horses.

2. These people tend to make up gait sketches.

3. So yeah, it looks a little off in some poses but hay, the price is right.

4. It does not play well with the Head Nodding aniBlock as there are some head bends already present.

5. So far, just the one aniBlock for something of a running on the spot, kinda.

6. Have fun.

7. Maybe another's efforts will figure out the trot.

8. Attached to this post also is the essential 'pose reset' ... if one is working with the dials on the Parameter to make poses, and doesn't want to lose all their work on the timeline, try this reset. It should just clear the horse and not the entire timeline. If one uses the clear figure pose on the Parameter tab, it will clear the entire timeline [which is great btw! thank you, finally].

Attached to this post should be 2 zip folders.

Update: After updating Horse 3, discovered that SOME of the basic pose moves had been basically destroyed ... so will have to redo what I can when I can.

In the meantime I've removed the zip.

The Reset Pose seems to still function okay.

zip
    zip
    Reset Pose.zip
    edited May 2023

Okay, scrapped the reference pic ideas and just made it how I figured it might look, for something of a trot.

AniBlock is for trotting on the spot. Hope somebody likes this, zip attached to post.

In the meantime I've removed the zip.

Free AniMate Pose for Horse 3.png
    2000 x 2000 - 7M
  • Nice, that one is looking great. Thank you

You're welcome and thank you both for the feedback :-)

edited May 2023

Required product: https://www.daz3d.com/horse-shoepack

I made a morph for the casual shoe for Horse 3. Now, in order to make these shoes work on Horse 3 read the instructions!

After you have made your derivative product and saved it; it is safe to close D/S and then to find and delete this morph which is no longer required ;-)

Zip should be attached to this post.

zip
    zip
    Shoes for Horse3.zip
    1M
    Derivative Shoes for Horse3.png
    800 x 800 - 254K
    READ the instructions!.png
    1770 x 936 - 723K
    Remember to Save.png
    330 x 551 - 23K
    edited May 2023

Purchased the 3 base mats the other day and discovered that yeah! Updates were indeed made for Horse 3. It now has 3 uvsets; essentially the base one and one called Thoroughbred. So I have extracted out those two uvset templates. Available over at Renderosity.

If one has the Horse 3 edition that came with the Reindeer; update the Horse 3 product because as well as the Thoroughbred uvset, there are many more morphs including some very essential ear improvements!!! Installing the new will result in some of the old not working as before so what doesn't work of the old, in the Content Library on the loading icon, one can right-click and delete. Specifically there's new tail geometry so trying to load the old one will result in boxes.

For those new to texturing, remember to apply texture/colour "outside" of the seam lines to avoid poke through on the model.

Horse 3 Templates promo.png
    1000 x 857 - 191K

As I was rendering out the icons for a set of simple poses, realized that the updates for Horse 3 apparently really made a mess of some. Making changes to 3D stuff is akin to fixing the plumbing; fixing one thing can break another. So I've removed the zips as some of that content was affected. Indeed one of them looked pretty bad -- and nobody said anything?!

If anybody is interested, the way some of those bend dials work now, it would appear that one could possibly make a camel morph from Horse 3.

Cleared out ALL the morphs for Horse 3, reinstalled only the morphs from the new Horse 3 installation and also the ones for the Reindeer. Now the various poses look better, not all are perfect but at least they are much better. Possibly I should also reinstall all the purchased poses ... because somehow I had over 840 or so morphs, now down to under 800. I don't know why there were so many unless the new ones did not overwrite some of the old ones and thus caused conflicts when called into action.

On the Parameters tab under Pose Controls is a good place to find posing aids for using Horse 3 with. I did figure out something of a way to make one which technically could be shared however I want to do some more with it before sharing pose control morphs. And I want to know, because the counters still are not working, is anybody actually interested for more poses and/or aniBlocks?

After the computer reboot all the horse morphs appear to be working correctly so was able to finish off a few pose presets.

They have been uploaded to R.

Apparently the picture gizmo isn't working here right now.

Made a set of pose control presets to compliment the existing pose control dials found on the Parameter Tab when Horse 3 is selected.

Also uploaded to Renderosity.

Images not attaching still :-(

I made a minitut - published over at DeviantArt. A quick way to rig, in this case a horse skeleton, so that it can use existing poses designed for, in this case Horse 3.

https://www.deviantart.com/catherine3678ab/art/Quick-rig-tutorial-by-Catherine3678a-970970631  Simply download the image ;-)

edited July 2023

Here's goes nuttin'

Attaching to post [we hope] one pose preset for Horse 3.

Then again maybe not.

Feed the Hamster guys!!!

Back in a minute.

https://www.deviantart.com/catherine3678ab/art/Horse3-NP-001-971815812

• MzimigaMzimiga Posts: 15

Anyone know of any clothes for Horse 3? I am badly in need of a winter coat and hat. I have Pocket the horse's costume, that I've tried sizing up, but I don't know how to get it to stick to his bones when he moves. Paid or free? 

edited July 2023

I haven't tried resizing Pocket's costume, the concept would be to size it up etc., then export out the .obj [remember to hide everything else before exporting so only the garment exports], delete the garment from the scene, import in the resized obj and use the transfer utility to fit it to Horse 3. If it stays where you want it, then select it and save the file as Figure/prop to your own folders [i.e not the same folders as Pocket's outfit] so nothing gets overwritten.

Update: "concept": does not work with Horse 3

The weather is cooler, yeah :-) And I had an hour to try out a few ideas. Sadly, apparently, nothing triggers auto-fit for Horse 3. So clothing has to be made to fit Horse 3 in the first place.

Good news is that auto-follow works! So these padded legging that are made, actually can be worn by any of "breed" horse, reindeer, morphs. [Horse and Reindeer are species, types of > are breeds and/or colours depending upon]

WIP as I plan to release these with padded leggings for the hind legs as well.

https://www.deviantart.com/catherine3678ab/art/Padded-Leggings-WIP-974613760

edited August 2023
  • WIP - a horse blanket! This is a very basic horse blanket or throw, no buckles etc. Am making some pose morphs and pJCMs. Is UVMapped too of course.
    edited August 2023
    Update: pJCMs what can be done are done. Those which for whatever reason would not happen, are done as pose morphs. With at least one bonus prop - the blanket being thrown off into the air. Next: planning to make a few textures for them. ...... Good news, laptop has new HD, so I can be releasing the products early next week.
  • Catherine3678ab said:

Update: pJCMs what can be done are done. Those which for whatever reason would not happen, are done as pose morphs. With at least one bonus prop - the blanket being thrown off into the air. Next: planning to make a few textures for them. ...... Good news, laptop has new HD, so I can be releasing the products early next week.

Yay!!! 

• Laptop :-) Working :-) Setting it up again of course, had a new Harddrive put in. Good news is that it was all covered by the warranties etc.

So, for the record, the SSD last about 11 months. So much for greater durability.