render issue

ok people it's been awhile since i've fiddeled around with daz (since version 2) so when i render in 4.8 it renders what's in the aux viewport not in the main viewport.what the heck am i doing wrong.thanks

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,583

Make sure the main viewport is active before you render.

• MJWMJW Posts: 517

Check which view you have chosen for the view at the time you set your render settings. I find that creating a camera helps no end. I usually try to create one in Perspective view in the position I want and make it to 'copy active view' because that is more or less where I want the angles. Then I revert to perspective for continuing changing the appearance and know that the original position of the camera is set. It shows which view you are using on the little grey cartouche at the top right of the window screen. 

Create Camera dialogue.jpg
    339 x 281 - 89K
    Create Camera dialogue 2.jpg
    679 x 508 - 159K
  • Make sure the main viewport is active before you render.

@Fixmypcmike  how do you make the main viewport active?

• MJW said:

Check which view you have chosen for the view at the time you set your render settings. I find that creating a camera helps no end. I usually try to create one in Perspective view in the position I want and make it to 'copy active view' because that is more or less where I want the angles. Then I revert to perspective for continuing changing the appearance and know that the original position of the camera is set. It shows which view you are using on the little grey cartouche at the top right of the window screen. 

sounds like a good idea.never had to do all that in older versions of daz

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634

Make sure the main viewport is active before you render.

@Fixmypcmike  how do you make the main viewport active?

you should notice and faint orange outline around the Viewport when you click the edge of the Viewport with the mouse.

• thanks you guys..been real helpful