Wiping out iray data?

BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652

Is there a way to revert a scene or to it's original format? For example I convert a room, content and charaters to iray by applying the uber and customn shaders to all, but then want to remove the iray settings shaders ect to render in 3DL or lux. In reality there are several ways of doing this, I was wondering is this is also possible with iray? Thanks in advance.

Post edited by Bobvan on

Comments

• RodrijRodrij Posts: 154
    edited September 2015

You should have a shader called dzDefault to make all surfaces the default 3delight shader. Just select the whole scene, select all the surfaces and apply dzDefault. Save As a new scene if you want to go back to Iray witht he same shader settings since those are lost when going from Uber base to dzdefault and then back again. The things that are kept converting the shaders are the image maps and the settings that both shaders share like diffuse, specularity/glossy, bump, normal, opacity/cutout. Things like metallicity are lost.

Post edited by Rodrij on
  • BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited September 2015

Where is it located in the iray files?

Meh just tested it it does not work all that well does not restore 100% like wiping out Reality data does.

Post edited by Bobvan on
  • ToborTobor Posts: 2,300

Since 3DL is more likely the default in pre-built scenes, so you might be better off making a second named version of the scene, and using that to build your Iray version. When you're done with it, close it, and re-open the original 3DL. This doesn't address everything, but the Iray shading process will likely overwrite shader presets for 3DL that cannot be retrieved just by reapplying the defaults.

If you set character poses that you want to reuse, especially over numerous frames, maybe you could save those, or else write them to an animate2 timeline, and export the aniblock to the other scene.

• BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited September 2015

Yeah thats what I did but was hoping to be able to go back & forth with Reality and iray will have to keep them seperated like I do now. I know R4.1 will work with iray shaders but some thing are different like eyes in iray they work best thin water based in Reality corneas are set as glass..

Post edited by Bobvan on