Daz to Unreal- Editing Materials

Hey folks!

So I'm still learning about importing Daz content into Unreal Engine 5.  One of the things I've noticed is that when I get my props and materials in there, There seems to be a single Material instance with a whole bunch of other material instances, which makes it hard to edit individual materials for say, adding an opacity map for a bit of grime on a building side or illuminating a sci-fi cockpit instrument panel.  How do I edit or add parameters to Material instances when everything instance is linked to another instance?

Comments

• I wrote it that way to give you a bit more control.  There's a Material Instace per surface from Daz Studio, those have a parent that's a Material Instance for the whole object.  That Material Instance has a parent that's an actual Material in the plugin.  So that gives you control to affect things at different scopes.

If you want to add additional features to the materials, I reccomend creating your own.  There's a system in the bridge that helps map the parameters from Daz Studio to Unreal.
    Working with Materials in Daz to Unreal – David Vodhanel

If you do this, you can create a Material Pack which is basically a plugin that contians your custom materials.

Daz To Unreal – Making a Material Pack – David Vodhanel