Carrara Challenge #66 - Jumping Off a Browser Scene Go Splat - Voting Thread -Winners Announced

Comments

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,757

Entry #2, ARTIST NAME: Diomede (Ted Murphy), TITLE OF WORK: Ogre Captive

ENTRY #13, ARTIST NAME Stezza, TITLE OF WORK - Kangaroo in a Pond

ENTRY - 19, ARTIST - UnifiedBrain, TITLE - Jack's Secret

ENTRY # 24, ARTIST :  ed3D, TITLE : Summer Breeze Pool Party

Not enough votes !!!

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,014

Awesome work by all the participants

Entry #: 3

Artist: Diomede

Title: Take Warning - Red Sky in Morning

Entry #: 5

Artist: Bunyip02

Title: Moon Explorer

Entry #: 8

Artist: Buniyp02

Title: Radius

Entry #: 14

Artist: Stezza

Title: Emu Dad

• S RayS Ray Posts: 398

ENTRY -#3 ,   ARTIST -Diomede (Ted Murphy) ,   TITLE - Take Warning, Red Sky in Morning

ENTRY -#22 ,   ARTIST -Headwax ,   TITLE - The Mr Smiths

ENTRY -#13,   ARTIST -Stezza ,   TITLE - Kangaroo in a Pond

ENTRY -# 24,   ARTIST -ed3D,   TITLE - Summer Breeze Pool Party

Cool Beans

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,848

This was the toughest Carrara challenge for me.  I don't know the original files so I went with the explanations of how they created them.

#19 Jack's Secret by Unified Brain  (Loved this animation...so fun)

#21 Lava Lamp Men from Mars by Headwax

#14 Of Work Emu Dad by Stezza

#5 Moon Explorer by Bunyip02

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,989
    edited June 2023

ENTRY # 16
    ARTIST  :  Stezza
    TITLE  : Beach Baby

--

ENTRY # 21
    ARTIST  :  Headwax
    TITLE  : Lava Lamp Men from Mars 

--

ENTRY # 3
    ARTIST  :  Diomede (Ted Murphy)
    TITLE  : Take Warning, Red Sky in Morning

--

ENTRY # 7
    ARTIST  :  Bunyip02
    TITLE  : Car & Parking Lot

Post edited by ed3D on
  • ApocApoc Posts: 407

Entry #, Title, Artist Name

---------------------------------

# 14,  Emu dad, Stezza

# 17, Shopping, Stezza

# 22, The Mr Smiths, Headwax

# 6, Monster Cave Goblin, Bunyip02

Here are my 4 votes

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

Entry - #11

Title - Carrara Alley

Artist - Diomede

Comment - Skilled use of physics and animation.  Even found a bowling song!

Entry - #13

Title - Kangeroo in a Pond

Artist - Stezza

Comment - Interesting back story and beautiful render.  Too small. :)

Entry - #21

Title - Lava Lamp Men from Mars

Artist - Headwax

Comment -  fabulous pulp magazine or book cover.  Amazing textures as usual.

Entry - #20

Title - Torch Song

Artist - Diomede

Comment - I had 4 renders tied for this vote (Stezza, Diomede, Bunyip, ed3d).  Had to choose one.  There is nothing technically fancy about this render.  However, to me the basic elements - poses, characters, camera, lighting, props - are just perfect as a whole.

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,927

Last day to vote tomorrow :)

My votes:

#18 UB - love the graphic novel approach - and the gazew movement for the reader from frame to frame flows nicely - as does the vocab/text - succinct and full of narrative

#19 UB - superb animation - the lip synch, the sense of humour and the apparent simplicity of the work hides a deeper artistry

#13 Stezza   - Only an Ausie would know that Kangaroos can swim :) - a serene scene, the reflections, birds and trees lure us into  a sense of comfort till we see the bad thingy on the bank

#14 Ted - the bowling scene - good to see someone using physics and that said, good to see users doing animation in Carrara ! :) 

Special mention to ed3d and Bunyip 02 for their Eggselent images :)

• GrimmvaldGrimmvald Posts: 65

This ia a lot to come back to.  An hour to evaluate all this is about impossible.  I was busy doing some first ever video editing and cleaning up audio for some of my wife's family history.  Glad we've moved on from the era of that 1965 cassette tape recording.

So without putting in the time that these entries deserve .... here goes ...

Entry 20

Torch song 

Diomede

Composition is simple and well done.  Great color grading.

Entry 19

Jack's Secret 

Unified Brain

Entry 23

Mr.Smith goes to Hapsburg

Headwax

Nice series.  Mood and texture of this one did it for me.

Entry 14

Stezza

Emu Dad

very nice color and lighting

Nice job all!  Glad I'm Utah time or I would have been too late.

thanks @Grimmvald - never too late :)

VOTING is CLOSED ! :) thanks to everyone who participated and voted and commented once again!

I'll be along with the winners once I have triple chceked the count cheers from here !

edited June 2023

Well the results are IN!!

And without any further hairdos I'd like to announce the results of our 66th Challenge!!

Taa Daaah!!

Winning by a close margin with a suburb quintuplet of eclectic images is STEZZA!

Nipping closely on his heels with a set of Bowling Balls as big as a 30 FPS Ben Hur was the beautifully talented DIOMEDE - who (along with UB) took Carrara animation to new dizzingly stratospheric heights only ever seen by expensive carbon fibre filled drones! 

And having the honour of wearing the bronze Medallions (worth it's weight in Gold in 2310 BC)  Third place is shared by BUNYIP02 and UNIFIED BRAIN -  artists of unwittingly sharp calibre who seized the subject matter with hands that rivalled those of Herculies as he Battled with Antaeus  in the wresting match of the double millenium.

Lastly the Unadorned Animation Certificate goes to UnifiedBrain who did an amazing job on his first ever animation.

Thanks to all who participated inthis challenge!!!

I will hand the challenge co-ordinator mantle over to the chosen one - or Ones!

So in short

#1 Stezza

#2 Diomede

#3 UnifiedBrain and Bunyip02

Best Animation: UnifiedBrain

Best and fairest: ed3d

Post edited by Headwax on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,085

Congratulations, Stezza!  And all the participants.  Thanks to Headwax for such an inspiring theme and set of requirements.  This was a throwback challenge to the education-focused early days.  I know I learned a lot about the contents of my own scene files.  Rediscovering all that stuff was like getting a whole batch of free content!  Thank you.  And of course thanks to Daz for continuing continuance.  

Diomede said:

Congratulations, Stezza!  And all the participants.  Thanks to Headwax for such an inspiring theme and set of requirements.  This was a throwback challenge to the education-focused early days.  I know I learned a lot about the contents of my own scene files.  Rediscovering all that stuff was like getting a whole batch of free content!  Thank you.  And of course thanks to Daz for continuing continuance.  

very glad the theme was acceptable!! I was worried at first 

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,814

smiley

Stezza said:

smiley

heh love that tune  - can never remember the words tho

Congrats to the Winners and all participants !!! Big thanks to Headwax for being Host, and the voters !!!

edited June 2023

Congratulations 

Post edited by ed3D on

Diomede said:

Me too.  However, I'm a little confused.  What are the prizes?  And, since I'm pretty sure that Daz doesn't allow ties. I assume that Bunyip got 3rd place because I received something for animation.  Correct?

UnifiedBrain said:

Diomede said:

Me too.  However, I'm a little confused.  What are the prizes?

1000 Gold Plated Internet Points !!!!

edited June 2023

Bunyip02 said:

UnifiedBrain said:

Diomede said:

was'nt it  Brass Monkey Statues   _  giggls 

Post edited by ed3D on

ed3D said:

Bunyip02 said:

UnifiedBrain said:

Diomede said:

i thought it was Brass Monkey Statues   _  giggls 

He-he laughyes

UnifiedBrain said:

Diomede said:

What are the prizes?  

there isn't any ... just adoring admiration and congratulations along with imaginary Carrara internets points ...

If you would like to continue with prizeless challenges apart from Carrara internets points, then I'll get one going ... angel

edited June 2023

wink

Internets Points.jpg
    800 x 600 - 446K
    Post edited by Stezza on

Stezza said:

UnifiedBrain said:

Diomede said:

What are the prizes?  

there isn't any ... just adoring admiration and congratulations along with imaginary Carrara internets points ...

If you would like to continue with prizeless challenges apart from Carrara internets points, then I'll get one going ... angel

Yes !!! Go, go, Carrara, go !!!

edited June 2023

&  do'nt forget the Brass Monkeys  Statues    +   Thanx  

Post edited by ed3D on

I continue to believe that Daz prizes are a useful part of the Challenge.  It is why I advocated directly to Daz for their return when they were withdrawn a few years ago.

Some of you obviously feel otherwise. :)

edited June 2023

Sorry wrong planet...

Post edited by Headwax on
    edited June 2023

And  have troubl with Up-Loads  ?umm?  

the one ( differnt one ) failed to write to disk  ?Okay?  " odd  '  just the other ?then   

the same  `` Except  The Duck  +  Thanx  &  then perhaps its'' the  image itself

Doc3SUMR-BREZ-NoDUK-3-CAM-bTSTR.png
    1600 x 900 - 578K
    Post edited by ed3D on