Renders suddenly started "Freezing" at 2%.

I'm working on a comic book and have been having no problem rendering in 3Delight.

Now for some reason my renders have suddenly started "Freezing" at 2%. It always crashes at exactly the same spot.

I've done the restarts and purges but nothing seems to fix the problem. I even reset DAZ to the default settings in case something got changed.

Nothing works.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Ken

Comments

• Is this where the renderer first hits a skin area? If you have one of the SSS shaders, especially the AoA SSS Shader, and HD morphs then there can be a long pause (up to ten minutes for me) while preliminary calculations are done.

• Is this where the renderer first hits a skin area? If you have one of the SSS shaders, especially the AoA SSS Shader, and HD morphs then there can be a long pause (up to ten minutes for me) while preliminary calculations are done.

No. I can let it run for over an hour. No movement. When I try to stop it, it will say "Program not responding."

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914

Let it keep going.

I had a scene I was doing in 3delight that did the same thing. I had a point-light with uber area effects fog effect, along with an outfit that was re-rigged and re-fitted to a character, I also had some metal with reflections in the scene as well (I believe the combination of these things are what caused the slowdown)

Anyways, I ended up leaving it render overnight and it had finally pushed passed the "stalled spot" which was always in the same place at the same time.

• I'm having a similair problem, except its locking my whole computer up. I've noticed that it doesn't seem to be doing the normal "optimizing image" that happens on the first render, simply doing one then locking up. Is yours doing that too?

• I've had that happen, but can say it's not always the same thing causing it. Most times it's like what Richard mentioned, but in my case it's normally the hair not the skin.

but there has been a few times it stops progression, I glance at my Task Manager to check memory usage, and it's rising , heck sometimes higher then the amount of memory I have (weird), and notice the Not responding. I can wait for a little bit, and it's start again, but if I see the Memory usage going up and nothing happening, it's best to just close it from the process tab in Task manager, if I catch it soon enough so I don't have to hard crash my machine, due to the whole thing locking up

• I'm having a similair problem, except its locking my whole computer up. I've noticed that it doesn't seem to be doing the normal "optimizing image" that happens on the first render, simply doing one then locking up. Is yours doing that too?

Yes, Holden. That is EXACTLY the problem I am having.