40s Inspired Watch

ioonrxoonioonrxoon Posts: 886
edited May 2023 in Freebies

Up on renderosity.

Rigged hands. Includes wearable presets for G3, G8 & G9. Not conforming, manual adjustments will be required.

Watch Thumb Big.jpg
1200 x 1400 - 501K
Post edited by ioonrxoon on

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,060

Really nice one, thanks!

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,421

That is a handsome character.  Is it G8 or G9 ?  and can you share any morph info?

• AOBBAOBB Posts: 957

Nice! It will go together very well with the 1940's suit you and perlk are working on. I'm thrilled that this is happening. laugh

• ioonrxoonioonrxoon Posts: 886

@FirstBastion It's Noa 8.1, probably my favourite 8.1 male character. The only thing I changed was the body.

• rosselianirosseliani Posts: 374
    edited May 2023

Thank you for the watch!

The only thing that seems strange to me is the word "Suisse" (french name for Switzerland), which appears on the dial. I come from a family of Swiss watchmakers and I know that they always applied the term "Swiss made" or "Made in Switzerland" to the dials, targeting an international market. I think the exceptions are pretty rare.

That said, I don't think anyone wears a Swiss watch that doesn't have the brand logo and the "Swiss made" label clearly visible on the dial. That shouldn't be an option :)

Post edited by rosseliani on
  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,123

Obviously highlighting its rarity & desirability! TBH the only Swiss watch I've had said 'Suisse', and I bought it in England. I wonder if it's actually a UK affectation to have 'Suisse' on watches, just like we're told we hate dubbing on films and get subtitles instead. It once led to a silly when there was a film of an opera. The Tenor couldn't sing in Italian, so sang in English, was dubbed into Italian, and then the film was shown in England with subtitles and the Italian sound track.

Anyway, I think it's fantastic. Well done. And thank you for sharing.

Regards,

Richard

• ioonrxoonioonrxoon Posts: 886

I can't remember where, but i have seen the marking on watches before.

There's also this on wiki, but I have no idea how accurate it is. - "In addition to "Swiss made", under Swiss law watches may carry the words "Suisse", "produit suisse", "fabriqué en Suisse", "qualité suisse" or simply the English translation, "Swiss" if the legal criteria stated in the abovementioned Ordinance are met."