Face and Head Adjustments (eye/nose height-width, etc) Genesis vs Genesis 2 & G3

I am looking for options to duplicate characters I created using Genesis into Genesis 2 or Genesis 3 models. I have created different Genesis characters by using a combination of different body shapes and making face and head adjustments. Then I have exported the models as Character presets or Scene Subsets. Afterwards I am able to painlessly import my charcters into scenes.

Genesis 2 Male, Genesis 2 Female, and Gensisis 3 Female (to date there's no G3 male) do not seem to have the same ability to adjust the eyes, nose, jaw etc. So, it appears as though my ability to create 'characters' using the base models is very limited. Is this correct?

It does appear as though I may be able to purchase additional head/face morphs for Genesis 2 and Genesis 3 to mimic the character creation of Genesis. What options do I have?

Thank you, in advance.

Comments

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited September 2015

My suggestion would be to create a morph out of your characters, and transfer the morphs to whatever generation you need. Reason is that will give you an exact match of the shape. However this would be a task that would take some time, but there is documentation on it here on the forum. This is what you would do if your characters need to be exactly as they were.

Here is the manual method. Might need to jump to newer posts to find updated links as this post was made on the old forums...
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/24093/transferring-morphs-from-genesis-to-g2m-g2f-and-from-g2m-g2f-to-genesis-now-with-clones-works-on/p1

If you just want to go to Genesis 2, then you could buy GenX2 or whatever to transfer the morphs. I don't use that, but I think most people who want to transfer morphs use this tool instead of doing it manually. To go to genesis 3, you would have to use the other method as the software isn't udpated for G3 yet.

You could buy morph kits for new generations, but they may not work exactly like older ones. With some effort you might be able to get the results you want, but it likely wouldn't be using the same settings as before. And they won't look exactly the same most likely...

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
  • Thank you larsmidnatt.

• You're welcome, I added a link to the thread in case you were interested.