Exporting morphs for attachments, daz is baking them in, need to export

I'm exporting an FBX using custom morphs and everything is working great, except for the morphs to the attachments..

Specifically, I'm using Victoria 7.

The morphs for attachments are being baked, not exported. I even changed my custom morph rules to: Anything -> Export and it still baked the morphs.

Is there a trick to this?

Comments

• Guess I should also give a bit more info: I've made a custom morph for the genitalia attachment. That morph is being baked in.

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited September 2015

is it animated. try that and see if it still bakes.

Not sure about geografts myself I haven't tried exporting those.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
  • Tried animating it, but it just baked the first frame. Not animated in the exported file.

I'm wondering if exporting morphs for geografts is even possible.

• yeah i have a feeling it gets sucked into the base mesh and loses all it's identity, geograft tech is pretty daz specific. That's a good warning. Though it stinks.

• Yeah, but such is life when doing weird things that most people don't I guess haha

For anyone who wants a workaround solution, I'm just exporting the mesh with 100% morph and creating blend shapes in Maya. It's working like a charm. The only downside of this method is that the subdivisions do not transfer for the geograft, so it is best to export both the attachment/geograft and character mesh with resolution set to low and subdivision set to 1. You then can subdivide in Maya or your 3D app. If you don't do it this way you'll end up with a high resolution character mesh and a low resolution graft/attachment.