Installing Daz 4.8 beta along side Daz 4.7?

hi everyone

tried to install 4.8 beta and am unsure as to what the correct path should be while using DIM ....how do I install 4.8 and still retain 4.7?

thanx

Comments

• If 4.8 is the Public Beta and 4.7 the release build you don't need to do anything (other than reisntall some plug-ins and most shaders if this is youy first Public Beta on this system). However do note that the Public Btea is, I think, at least one release behind the non-beta version.

• 3DthiSS3DthiSS Posts: 146
    edited September 2015

hello again Richard

I had the final 4.8 installed and rolled back to 4.7 so I could use some studio IBL's that wouldn't work for me in 4.8....and from what I've read it's ok to have a final build along side a beta.

when I tried last night to install the 4.8 beta DIM was telling me that the install path was incorrect ....could you inform me on what the correct path would be?.....my daz 3 and daz 4.7 programs are currently located under C:Program Files/Daz3D/

do I point the installer to Daz3D and it will create a folder for 4.8?....that's whats confusing me...I don't want the 4.7  to be over written.

thanx

Post edited by 3DthiSS on
  • You don't need to set a separate install path for the Public beta - DIM will take care of that. What is probably happening is that the plug-ins are trying to install before the application, being smaller files, if you tried doing them all at once. Install the Beta, then once that is done install the plug-ins.

edited September 2015

ok when I try I get this message [untitled 1] and when I go to the Application tab  [untitled 2] I'm not sure what the path ought to be.

untitled 1.JPG
    1152 x 864 - 48K
    untitled 2.JPG
    1152 x 864 - 58K
    untitled 2.JPG
    1152 x 864 - 58K
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,583

Is that when installing just the beta, or when installing one of the plug-ins?

edited September 2015

yeah it's when I first start the installer and am trying to install the beta...and although I've tried entering a third path via the + button and pointing it to install into /Daz 3D the install fails.

thought maybe I should add that when I first checked the Application setting it was what appears in the second image I posted...I mean that was the path that was being rejected.

Can you go to Settings > Installation and post a screenshot?

I already have ..it's the second image a few posts up.

Not the Applications tab, the Installation tab.

edited September 2015

ok here's a screen shot of the application settings from the last attempt....this time the installer seemed to automatically add the third path to Daz 3D but failed.

sorry I posted this while you posting as well....what do you mean by Installation tab?  like untitled 4?

untitled 4.JPG
    1152 x 864 - 52K
    untitled 3.JPG
    1152 x 864 - 67K

That's still the Applications tab, the Installation tab is the one to its left.

edited September 2015

wow this is funny the way we're cross posting each other...sorry for the mix up

all right here it is

and it recomends a path to where my content is stored while my  daz 3 and daz 4.7 are located in Program Files...so I simply chose this path?

untitled 5.JPG
    1152 x 864 - 71K

Ah, there's no entry under "32-bit software" -- put "C:\Program Files" there and it should fix it.

YES!! ha if I had only noticed that damned Installation Tab earlier laugh

thanks for helping.