58th Bryce Contest ( Endless )

Comments

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,756

All,

Great entries, though not very many. I have been away from my computer (holiday) and did not yet find time to create more entries. I have two ideas that require modeling that is far beyond my abilities (in a reasonable time). So, I might leave it at just one entry, depending on the time still left for this. I may also try to think of a more easy idea.

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,986

Horo said:

Agreed, nice idea and well done clouds, looks endless indeed.

+ 1   

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,102

NGartplay : thank you.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,002
    edited June 2023

FirePhoenix – superb entry, beautiful clouds.

Adbc – Endless space is awesome, fantastic lighting.

My 3rd entry     Never-Ending Bryce illuminating the Horizon.

I also had the same idea as FirePhoenix unfortunately I couldn’t model the stairs ( I know it's simple but still failed blush) or find a suitable freebie, then I was inspired by Hansmar‘s entry – and used “Bryce” text to get a similar effect.

I used a file from the Environments Inclement Weather as a starting point.

Hansmar hope you can get another entry in.

Unfortunately I still can’t upload directly here so I used the gallery link (unpublished). Maybe because I am using Windows 7 and the browsers are not updating, the images are not uploading. Still a mystery to me.

Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,126

mermaid - very nice entry. I hope Bryce is never ending.
    NOTE: As I see, you tried to upload around noon, this seems after the morning window when it works for me (and as I noticed, also for adbc).

Thanks Horo for the comment. Regarding uploading, I tried for 3 hours every 15 mins, before I finally gave up. At least I can upload to Gallery and post a link in the forum.

mermaid : great idea, very beautiful entry, and let Bryce never ever end. Thank you for your comment.

Thanks Adbc

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,838

I second Horo's sentiment...Bryce never ending.  Great idea and render.

Thanks NGartplay

• I would be happy, if I could get a bit of extra time. Until tomorrow evening if possible? Thanks in advance.

• Yellow PenYellow Pen Posts: 918

Teobaldo - thank you.

adbc - beautiful entry, I like the colors.

Mermaid - the neverending Bryce, yes... beutiful Idea and very well done.

Thanks Yellow Pen

Yellow Pen : thank you.

• Electro-Elvis said:

I would be happy, if I could get a bit of extra time. Until tomorrow evening if possible? Thanks in advance.

Me too! Had to write them up. Thanks.

edited July 2023

And how about this   " Images Not Up-Loads "    +  Thanx 

Post edited by ed3D on
    edited July 2023

Micro-Plastics 

" there are many , perhaps Endless "

( have image for this )   +  Thanx

Post edited by ed3D on
  •  

The site will not let me upload images either!

edited July 2023

Dan Whiteside said:

The site will not let me upload images either!

Yeah and   a   Disscusion in  The Commons  called   File Attachments to posts not working 

Thanx

Post edited by ed3D on

At least I'm not the only one with this problem, I posted via the gallery, only saved the image to get the link, I did not publish it.

• ApocApoc Posts: 407

If people are having trouble uploading images, we can wait an extra week before closing to sort things out. In the mean time, try a image hosting platform and link your image back here if your still having trouble. 

• S RayS Ray Posts: 398

I haven't tried up-loading an image. But I could use some more time. It's a premium render & very slow. Probably 3 more days (it's on day 8 now) If need be I can up-load the regular AA version if the challenge is going to close before the premium finishes.

• ApocApoc Posts: 407

S Ray said:

I haven't tried up-loading an image. But I could use some more time. It's a premium render & very slow. Probably 3 more days (it's on day 8 now) If need be I can up-load the regular AA version if the challenge is going to close before the premium finishes.

Not a problem, will keep this contest open til the 9th 

• Really cool theme and such marvelous and inspired interpretations. FirePhoenix and I had a very similar concept.
    My first entry: “The Infinity Stairway".
    The single stair was created in Modo  and multi replicated in  Bryce – 1000 copies. Genesis 2 space suit from DAZ. The two masks created by Poison and the Mech things are from the Modo bashing kit. The background from Horo’s deep space HDRI.
    Illuminated by the sun, two spherical dome lights, and HDRI. Rendered at normal AA, about 2 1/2 hours.
    Thanks for looking and good luck to all who entered.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,126

Dan - indeed a great and beautifully done entry.

• Thanks mermaid010 uploading to my gallery and copying the link location worked.

Wow Dan an outstanding, fantastic entry. I'm glad the gallery link works, hope the problem is solved soon.

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,838

Dan, stairway to Heaven...great job.

Dan : fantastic entry.

• S RayS Ray Posts: 398
    edited July 2023

So the file upload still doesn't work

Post edited by S Ray on