Program crashing when Rendering

Hi everyone, I am in desperate need of help. I'm hoping my problem is a simple/common enough one that it will be easily recognized by someone more expereinced than me.

The computer I use to run Daz on is only about six months old. Daz has been working amazingly on it till about two days ago. Now it seems when I hit the render button my entire machine locks up. At first the program would just cause everyhting to lag, and if I let it sit for about an hour everything would begin to work nomally. Today, however, It's been totally locking up beyond repair. I'm working on a scene that's using a bunch of files I just donwloaded, but they are mostly newer and there isn't more things on the screen than I've had before.

I've noticed that on the "Rendering Image" box after "Rendering in 3Delight" the list of omptimizing images thats ussually about 50-80 images long is only listing one thing. Once it gets the the part that says "Rendering..." and the image box for the Render pops up that's about when it locks my computer up. Any and all help is appreciated!

Comments

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914

Have you essentially been working in the same scene over these past months? (loading up your old scene, adding/removing things from the scene, merging other scenes into it, etc)

If so, then click the tripple line with the triangle icon in the upper right of your scene tab that has your item tree.

select the option that says "show hidden" and start removing any/all reality nodes.

They are useless for iray and 3delight and eat up precious resources in a scene. When you start re using and merging scenes, they add up quickly (into the tens of thousands) 

• No, I've been working on tons of different scenes. The last scene, where the crash was worst, I only started a couple of hours ago and have only saved twice.

I tried that on my scene and didn't see any of them. What would the reality nodes look like?

Opening Daz just now it was SUPER laggy, even before I loaded my scene. I've never really seen it behave like this. Should I try unenstalling and re-installing it? If I were to do that would I need to re-install all my data files?

If you go up to Create->create new null

It looks just like that only it says reality_metadata or reality_scenedata

I don't think reinstalling Daz will have any effect on your content, especially if you uninstall/reinstall through the DIM. Not sure if it will help. It won't hurt, but it's muc better to find the problem before trying fixes.

Have you tried to see how much ram Daz is using when it first starts up without any items loaded into a scene? You can see this in the task manager in windows.

• Okay, it seemed I had a few things going on. First I uninstalled and reinstalled daz via the installer and that seemed to fix the problem the images not intializing.

Next I realized I did have too many people in the scenes AND the majority of them were merged from a file that was causing problems. Once I deleted them all and reloaded them at a much smaller number from an older file  was able to get things running smoothly again. It also seems the costume those guys was wearing was sucking a ton of compting power and having more than three copies of them loaded into the screen was causing issues.

I also hadn't run my malewear in a couple of weeks and found a few pups, which seemed to have been slowing my system down. But I've got everyhting running again.

One thing I've found if you can't get the LoRes figures, you can clothe and pose your background characters, then export them either to Hex or as an obj, then re-import them (they will loose all their rigging which is fine, it's what we want)

They will then become static objects that take up a lot less RAM. (I was able to get 128 figures loaded that way)

I haven't tried it, but selecting the figure/clothing item then going to edit -> figure -> rigging -> convert figure to prop may also work.