Artefacts on Eldricht abominations rendering

Hi there, my abominations (http://www.daz3d.com/eldritch-abomination-and-altar) render like this on 3delight (please note the unwanted reticule on the eye, the promo images don't have it).

With iray the full scene is invisible (I don't see anything). Why is this?

Another question: what are the Texture templates that can be downloaded separately? What should I do with them?

Thanks!

tease.png
400 x 400 - 159K

Comments

• I haven't installed this yet, give me a minute or two, and I'll test it.

Another question: what are the Texture templates that can be downloaded separately? What should I do with them?

These templates are for people who want to create their own textures for the item, they are blank (mapped) textures which you can use in Photoshop or similar to make your own varieties.   You can put them anywhere that is convenient to you, they are not available from inside DAZ Studio content.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited September 2015

Don't know what is going wrong for you.   I just loaded the Eldritch All.DUF, and it rendered right away in Iray.   You would need to post your Iray settings so taht we can figure that out.   The 3DL one, you may need to turn the Shading Rate down to something like 0.2, that's what I did, and I don;t see any artifacts in the eye.

Iray_Eldritch.jpg
    602 x 602 - 212K
    3DL_Eldritch.jpg
    602 x 602 - 195K
    Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
  • Thank you, that did the trick! But isn't shading rate an "advanced" settings? Am I supposed to know how to use it to fix renders (still have no idea on what it actually does), or is it a mistake by the vendor?

About iray: I reset settings to defaults and it worked. Probably made too much experiments before :P

• Pesegato said:

Thank you, that did the trick! But isn't shading rate an "advanced" settings? Am I supposed to know how to use it to fix renders (still have no idea on what it actually does), or is it a mistake by the vendor?

About iray: I reset settings to defaults and it worked. Probably made too much experiments before :P

The lower the Shading Rate, the better the finished image (in general).   If I am doing test renders, just to chek lighting levels or parts of the image, I might use a SR of 6.0.   It would be messy (noisy), but for a finished render, I always use 0.2, it produces a much cleaner image, that is really all you need to know, but you can Google it for more information.