FBX Exported no longer works in Daz 4.8 Pro 64-bit

Hi all,

I've got myself into a right state because I made the mistake of updating from 4.6 Pro to 4.8 thinking it would be ok for exporting FBX's.  I seriously need some help if there's anyone out there who knows their stuff.

I no longer have any FBX export options, all I get is a little box that says MMD Export by GoFigure.  What is this? and how do I get my old option box back again (the one where you can merge clothes to skeleton etc)  I've checking in DIM , but there's nothing.

I've checked to see if the FBX Exporter plug-in is installed and it's Loaded.

What's the deal with this? I'm screaming at my computer because I've wasted my day off trying to sort this, when I should've been happily animating :(

Again, any help would be great. I just want my FBX exporter back,  (not that it actually worked properly I might add!)

Comments

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited September 2015

I can export FBX with 4.8. I would try reinstalling 4.8.

Does you plugin list have the fbx exporter listed twice? Mine does and it's active in both areas. (one is in the game dev bundle group)

Actually I have the fbx exporter many times, as it's in the pro bundle group (and pro free) too. Maybe see if all of those are on. Not sure those other ones matter.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
  • I no longer have any FBX export options, all I get is a little box that says MMD Export by GoFigure

Where are you looking?   In File > Export?   I have MDD as well (for Animate2) and BVH, DAE, CR2, FBX OBJ and U3D.   There is something wrong with your GUI.

Try changing it from Window > Workspace > Select Layout, and change it to something else.   What are you using now?

• edited September 2015

Hi all, and thank you for the feedback. It turned out to be the GUI.  My custom layout was currupting everything, and since I've created a new one the FBX Exported box is BACK!  I really appreciate your help.  As a novice Daz user, I wouldn't have guessed in a million years that that was the solution!  Can't thank you enough :)

Post edited by paul_carder_74313dfe2f on