Christina Hair seems to be missing files

The Christina hair is supposed to have fits for Aiko 4, The Girl 4, and Victoria 4. It's got a specific V4 installer. There are no fits for the V4 installer :(

http://www.daz3d.com/christina-hair

Christina Hair for Victoria 4 (.CR2 and .OBJ)

Aiko 4
    The Girl 4
    Victoria 4
    Aiko 6
    The Girl 6
    Victoria 6

When the hair loads, it fits V4 incorrectly, showing the character's skull top texture, rather than meeting in the center part. I tried repositioning the hair, but it doesn't fit V4 correctly. I've included pics, and have tried this on a plain un-morphed V4 too. One pic is the image before render, the other after. The poser version specific installer for V4 has no fit morphs. I checked the other installers to see if there are any poser specific files that might have been accidentally placed in them, but no luck.

ProblemHair1.jpg
547 x 502 - 16K
ProblemHair2.jpg
649 x 435 - 14K

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited September 2015

I am downloading it now, will get back to you once I have installed it in Poser

OK, in Poser it comes in as a figure hair, which means I conform it to V4.  The Equivalent in DS is fit to I believe.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • It conforms but doesn't really fit correctly. I included images in the original post which uploaded but now seem to be missing. It shows a large amount of skin at the part of the hair. As if there should either be a skull cap or a morph to correct it. Not sure why the images aren't showing on the forum, they were the original day I posted the question as well as the following day I check for a response.

• Also thread notifications seem to be working only through the website (no emails as to responses). I was looking for this thread and couldn't see the thread, checked and saw the notifications (under the cog).

Did you bookmark it

• I looked for it in My Discussions, and also saw Notifications. Did you see what I meant about the Christina hair? It seems like it's missing something. I did try moving it via y axis but it still renders with a large gap at the hair part on top near the center.

• Very weird. Now the attachments are showing on the thread. Just  a few moments ago, they didn't show at all...

• Normally even as a hair figure there's a fit for alternates located in the Pose library for the hair. I can see the color changes, but no alts. I was hoping maybe one of the alt fits might make the gap look smaller (closer to normal). The two included were done on a V4 with a morph, but they look exactly the same on a plain V4 unmorphed. You still see the gap on the render. I noticed a python script for dson on the G2 version. Didn't try to load the G2 yet to see if it's got the same gap.

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,114

That sort of looks like it's to far down on the Y axis.The gap seems to be from the hair actually sitting inside her head.Can you raise it up a bit and see if it comes out of her head?

• I actually tried that... :( It still shows the gap.

• When the hair loads without texture it looks fine, covering the skull correctly. But when I add the texture colors it does the gap.

• Am checking the G2 version and it seems to be doing the same thing. Will upload the render momentarily.

• This is the G2 version on a G2 without any morphs to the character or any morphs to the hair.

• Sorry took several tries to upload image correctly.

ProblemHair4.jpg
    408 x 396 - 11K
    edited September 2015

I am not getting that at all in poser, it works fine. Quick render, bright lights, to show better

Christina hair.jpg
    668 x 681 - 40K
  • Chohole said:

I am not getting that at all in poser, it works fine. Quick render, bright lights, to show better

Can you post your render settings? Maybe I've got something set wrong. I'm thinking indirect light or displacement map?

• Nester751Nester751 Posts: 365
    edited September 2015

Found the extra fits under the neck settings. Am trying a render with indirect lighting and raytracing off.

Post edited by Nester751 on
  • Very weird. Am still getting the crease.

My settings wouldn't help you, as I use Poser and I assume that you are using DS.   That was just standard setting anyway, I loaded the hair conformed it and rendered in draft mode,

• Nester751Nester751 Posts: 365
    edited September 2015

I'm using Poser. It's a hair figure so it normally auto conforms. Did you load it by dragging it on to V4? Maybe that's why I'm seeing the error. I didn't drag it to conform to V4. Am trying that now.

Post edited by Nester751 on
    edited September 2015

I used the conform to button.  It shows in the hair library but is actually a conforming hair figure.   Mine is an old Poser version, as I only use it to get things prepped for Bryce.

• Oddly enough the loading button for the hair doesn't show up in Poser 2014 Pro for it. But draggiing it on to the figure conformed it. That did the trick! Thank you very much Chohole and Icecrmn.

Glad you got it sorted out