Daz 3D and Marvelous Designer Problems.

Well im getting Problems getting my Exporter DAZ FBX to Import in Marvelosu Designer, Everytime i get a Crash ^^, Its a Daz Problem, Because other FBX dont have Problems, so anyone know it how to resolve it?

The Char was a Genesis 2 with own Maked Morphs.

hope anyone can help me Thx.

Comments

• Please post your FBX settings - there are a lot of options and you may simoply not be setting the ones MD wants.

• http://puu.sh/kp7df/a0c5ece5a6.png

Well there are not that much O:!, but thaanks for HELP!:D

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited September 2015

A fix would be great but I have found FBX isn't even possible with G3F, unless MD5 fixed that(the new rigging wasn't support in 4x). I haven't upgraded yet even though I have a license for it.

But even with G2F I use OBJ instead beause FBX rigging comes over minorly jacked up in MD. Do you use FBX for animation? Or just so you can have the final pose to drape?

If you want to drape it on a pose, first make the garment using the Tpose with OBJ reference.
    Then save a new MD file to be safe, maybe add POSED to the name. This way you preserve a non-posed version..
    Save out a DAE file from DS with the animated pose. (tpose at the start) Also export an OBJ of the final frame of the pose.
    Replace the OBJ in MD with the DAE file.
    Run the animation.
    Replace teh DAE file with the final OBJ file and run a simulation to fix the differences between the DAE and OBJ shapes.

I don't get crashes with FBX, but the rigging does not match what is in DS. Which means the clothes don't match as nicely as I want. Using this process the clothes will match the shape perfect.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
    edited September 2015

BTW do you have any clothes on the figure? I wouldnt do that personally...Any props in the scene? make sure all that is gone, or be sure to pick the figure and use the SELECTED option in the export settings.

Also what Import settings are you using in MD? I just imported an FBX as usual no crashes. But i was not animating it.

Here is an example of what you see in DS VS MD4 with an FBX of G2F. Its not close enough to work nicely with clothes. This isn't just an MD thing, Unity behaves the same way as well. Lots of hidden stuff in the DS Software that doesn't come out in the FBX.

Going to upgrade to MD5 now and see how that goes.

G2F Daz VS MD FBX.jpg
    1998 x 1038 - 577K
  • edited September 2015

I Need FBX, not Dae O:, But thanks for Answer ^^,[Cuz i Want to Export it with Bones/Joints ]

yeah i was trying from Daz to Max- than to MD and, there are no Crash but , The SKinning was not matched, yeah a Fix Would be Great.

so than i Think theres no Chance to Get Working FBX to MD, at this Time.

but Thanks for Answers! :D

Edit : saw your Post

in MD i just Use the Scale of DAZ , and the Animation  On, there are not much Settings,

Yeah Daz Have Lots of Deformation and other Things u dont get out, but thats not that Problem, i Can use Other Deformers of Others Programm to Fix it, my Problem is Just  MD,Crashes Everytime when im Importing FBX from DAZ 3D,

and no no Props, no Cloth .just the Body. but the Funny thing is, when im Exporting to my C4D, its whitout Problems, but when im Importing in MD POOOOF Crash,

Second Funny thing is i cant Really Import FBX in DAZ Studio Eveytime get an Error, So i Can Export it, but not Reimport it in Daz.., so i need to wait ,when they Fix it, cuz i was trying Everything to Gonna Work, Evey Sideways Like Import Blender ETC, and Than to MD, But Everything isn't working., It Crashes , or the Skinning isnt Right, and it Looks like a Monsta :D

but not Sure its Just an MD Problem, Cuz iw as trying APEX in MAX, and In MAx its Okay, but Exporting i Get some Skinning Errors, so i dont get it to Work, so i Can just Wait.

well than im Waiting for a Fix, thanks for your Answers!

Post edited by blackrockhorizon_f39c665403 on
    edited September 2015

Yeah Daz FBX only work in Daz perfectly. going to be quirks with rigging elsewhere.

I'm liking 5, seems zippier and I have been waiting for the new features...But yeah the FBX behaves the same. Still no crashes. Good luck.

•  

[Pls Show me Your FBX Epxort Option inDaz] Cuz u dont get Crashes.., the Deformers are not Important for me, just the Animation is Important for Me.

Thanks!

edited September 2015

the only difference was the "merge clothing" option. i don't have that checked. but I also didn't have any clothes on the figure. When I've done that before it slows things down a ton so I rarely export clothes with the figure.

What year fBX? I use 2012, Daz seems to like reverting to that one.

• im Gonna Try it ..,maybe this is a Problem.

• edited September 2015

im Using 2014,trying now 2012

I WAS TRYING EVERYTHING WHAT I CAN IMAGINE 12 HOURS TODAY, reimport Daz, reimport Blender,Reimport C4D,Reskinning......and what was the FINAL PROBLEM? Using FBX 2012 ..OMG

Thanks ^^, but i really Surprised that was the Problem...thats Strange.. means MD doesnt Support Newer FBX Files?

• maybe daz doesn't export newer ones so well? I have no idea. glad it worked. good luck.

• Yes omg you are my LifeSafer!, Yeah Seems so ,

Thaanks !

Good Luck too,maybe we see/Write  us again :D

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

I seem to remember that iclone (when I tried it out) also liked 2012 version of FBX.

• edited September 2015

Well i got Again Crash now i Know the Problem

- Only FBX 2012

-NO MORPHS Exporting, you need to Export the Morphs in a Single FBX, than Composite the Moprhs and Combine them in one   in Programms like C4D Etc, Relative

Thanks for your Answer  to All!

REALLY GREAT FORUM, and you get Really FAST and Helpfull Help.

*THumps UP*

edited September 2015

i put my morphs into the animation. I animate them somehwere in the timeline so that programs will see them. so you can have default shape in frame 0. then frame 1 dial in the morphs (even if it makes them look crazy) then dial them out in frame 2 and make your animation.

you only have to do that for morphs that you want to manipulate later.

• Well,everytime when im Export, Moprhs, its Crashes. but Whitout everything Works Great.

edited September 2015

sorry misunderstood. so how many morphs are you exporting?

what are your fbx export rules?

I just exported an animated morph and no crash. just two morphs dialed in. 1 that stayed static, the figure shape. then a second that slowly dialed in over 30 frames. loaded in MD5 fine. animated fine in the animation editor.

• a Lots of Moprhs, what i made on my Own, Like Eyes CLosing, Smiling, ETC, Something what is Important, but thats not a Problem i just Combine it in my 3D Main App C4D.