Can anyone help me find these trousers?

I'd really like the to get the trousers the character with the big gun is wearing on the promo page for 3DStyle's new Ally character. Does anyone know where they come from?

I can't get a screenshot to upload, but the link to the page is here?

https://www.daz3d.com/ally-9-and-rodents

Comments

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,764

This image?

• Jon_KJJon_KJ Posts: 14

That's the one! do you know which ones they are?

Unfortunately not, but having a visual in the thread may help get a reply from someone else. Although it might be an as-yet-unreleased product.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,744
    edited May 2023

The trousers are actually part of coveralls folded and tied at the waist.  The look and style is from the character "Mama" in the video game Death Stranding.  Generally Daz does not sell replica products like this.

if it is available it would have an editorial license.

[edit]

it took about a minute to find with google search.

Post edited by FirstBastion on

FirstBastion said:

The trousers are actually part of coveralls folded and tied at the waist.  The look and style is from the character "Mama" in the video game Death Stranding.  Generally Daz does not sell replica products like this.

[edit]

Ahh, yes, I see. It's an outfit that comes with the character on that other site that sells those things. That will be why I could not find it by just googling for the outfit itself.

Bit of a shame since it was quite a nice-looking thing so was maybe looking to get it if anyone found it. Will probably pass now that I know it's an IP-restricted recreation from a game I have never played.

FirstBastion said:

[edit]

Thank you - I'd never heard of that one. It's a shame that it's somoene else's IP, they'd have been good for something I was doing.

Jon_KJ said:

Thank you - I'd never heard of that one. It's a shame that it's somoene else's IP, they'd have been good for something I was doing.

As a plan B there is DieselPunk - Mechanic Coveralls G3-G8 F for DS @ Renderosity which I found before. Doesn't have the same amount of detail tho.

SofaCitizen said:

Jon_KJ said:

As a plan B there is DieselPunk - Mechanic Coveralls G3-G8 F for DS @ Renderosity which I found before. Doesn't have the same amount of detail tho.

Oh, that's a good shout. I'll have a look at them!

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,293

The question was asked answered here too https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8181171/#Comment_8181171 , a search for the product name might well have found that.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,874

And, as I said in the other thread, Augmentation is similar. 

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,744

Now the question is, does a product promo constitute a commercial use?

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,492

How can it not be considered commercial use, when it's intended to help selling something?

You should be able to get away with it with a promo for a freebie, as no money changes hands around the promo image.

Regards,

Richard.