Getting Back Hand and Magnifier in Render Room - Help sought :)

Hi there Carrara groovers.

Recently, in the render room, the hand and the magnifier that live on the top tool bar have gone absent without leave (awol). They have sniffled from existence, vanished without a pleasant poof, perhaps been swallowed by the billowing black hole of Windows 7, or, horror of horrors,  gone on holidays with a budhhest monk in  the form of a  zebra and cannot send post cards as their hooves cannot hold neither pen nor pencil at the correct angle for modified cursive  .. ..

Well you get the guist.

I'm using Car 8.1. The only thing I have been doing differently since said hand and magnifier vanished is that I have been rendering in png format - because I finally discovered that when using multipass elements the default parameter is 'external' - as opposed to 'embedded' when using psd - my usual habit (not nun's habit).

thanks for any sane answers....

Comments

• Sane answers? That leaves me out!

I can get a glitch when I'm rendering without using the Batch Queue and forget and try to go to another room, and Carrara asks me if I want to abort the render. When I cancel the abort and I'm put back in the Render room, the hand and magnifying glass icons are gone. They reappear the next time I launch Carrara.

It is also possible to accidently un-dock the icons by dragging the little separator line right next to the hand, in which case you would need to look for a tiny little tile with those two icons somewhere on your screen. If you use two monitors, maybe it is hidden somewhere on your second screen if it became detached?

Also, it won't appear unless you have an actual render going.

Picture 1.png
    989 x 464 - 63K
    Picture 2.png
    238 x 220 - 23K
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

Thanks evil, I knew I could expect an unsane answer from you  heh . I couldn't see the separator line, though I looked very hard ,  maybe I aborted a render once too often. Damn right to life! Not really a problem, but always good to be able to zoom out in the scheme of things.  Will have a kerfuffulle around tomoroorow and see what that brings. Cheers from ear. 

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited September 2015

It looks like a little dividing line that separates the field with the icons from the rest of the screen. Also, I should add that if you click and drag on any area that isn't the hand or magnifying glass icon, you can undock it. I only had luck with clicking on the dividing line when I woke up because my brain wasn't fully functioning yet.

I have accidentally undocked by quickly clicking the hand icon (or thinking I clicked it) and not releasing the mouse button fast enough before moving to the render window.

Picture 3.png
    171 x 70 - 6K
    Post edited by evilproducer on
  • Right click on the bar and try checking and unchecking "2D Tools" a couple times and see if they come back.

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    edited September 2015

thanks evil and MDO2010 :) Well, after trying MDO2010 's suggestion a few times it actually worked. .

Though I have faile in t he  iq test that lets me drag them back to the top bar (They have made a second bar - upstarts) 

Now I have them back, I can rest easy ... but seriously, never knew how much I used that magnifying glass to check my renders!

Thanks to you both for your kind responses

cheers from the asylum ;)

Post edited by Headwax on