Top-Tier quality enviroments? Which vendors?

mwasielewski1990mwasielewski1990 Posts: 330
edited June 2023 in Product Suggestions

Hey everybody,

I wanted to ask about your opinion about your favourite PA's/Vendors of enviroments and props. I noticed that despite the progress that was made with 3D modelling itself, GPU's possibilities, etc., the majority of 3d artists that publish products such as scenes/enviroments still use the classic "single-UV" method of texturing, which results in pixelization when you do upclose shots of props, or walls, the floor, etc.

Apart from Stonemason, can you guys recommend an artist with similar talent and quality? He's got some incredible stuff and the texel density of his models is satisfactory even for 4K renders.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• StonemasonStonemason Posts: 1,177
    edited June 2023
    Thanks for the kind words, I've not used their content but I'm always impressed with the promos of these pa's https://www.daz3d.com/roguey https://www.daz3d.com/strangefate https://www.daz3d.com/polish
    Post edited by Stonemason on
  • ramon73ramon73 Posts: 94
    edited June 2023

^^

I was about to post the same creators/merchants! I personally can not run all the environments though, you need a really serious specs PC for some of the environments. Thanks to the great refund policy though there is no risk, if you can't run the environments you can just refund it. Stonemason seems to have the best optimized environments!

Post edited by ramon73 on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,874

I really like Polish's work. 

• zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,700

Strangefate/Roguey for fantasy things. Merlin Studios is also quite good.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,874

It largely depends on your needs, really. StoneMason mainly does either at least relatively modern real-world locations (mostly European) or futuristic/sci-fi/cyberpunk, so if those meet your needs, you can go a long way with just StoneMason sets. If, on the other hand, you needed something from feudal Japan, Sugatak and Ansiko have you covered (Ansiko also does a lot of sets that would complement StoneMason's futuristic exteriors). Polish does mainly real-world sets with more of a focus on interiors than exteriors. Roguey and Strangefate sets are mostly centered around medieval fantasy, specifically LOTR-inspired. So figure out what you need, then find the creator(s) who are best at that style.

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,375
    edited June 2023

So hard to find good environments for Daz Studio.  Usually have to make my own.

Sometimes you can combine the good elements of a bad environment with others to kitbash something good.

Top tier:

• Strangefate
    • Stonemason
    • Dekogon (if theyve been ported correclty by Polish and NOT by tesla3dcorp)

Second tier:

• Polish

Third Tier (there's a lot more in this tier that i cant think of)

• Aako 
    • ile-avalon
    • Dreamlight
    • protozoon
    • Dogz
    • Aurelio
    • Rascal3d
    • Prefox
    • Bituka3d
    • 3dlab
    Post edited by lilweep on
  • Moved to Product Suggestions as it is not a Daz Studio application  topic.

• RuthvenRuthven Posts: 637

I suggest

https://www.daz3d.com/the-alchemist

for the medieval buildings construction kits.

• chris-2599934chris-2599934 Posts: 1,798

Also for medieval stuff: https://www.daz3d.com/faveral

• Thanks so much for all the suggestions and keep them coming!

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,492
    edited June 2023

So far, 'environments' have all been treated as urban. I think I want to break the concensus with rural/wild environmental suggestions. I really like landscapes and wide vistas, but I need to say right now that I have never rendered one at 4K (have no 4K screen as the only one I have tried gave me a migraine in 30 mins without fail each time I used it), so I can't say if any of my recommendations are adequate for that detail standard, but they're most definitely fine for 2K.

Howie Farkes' UltraScenery and a majority of the add-ons by Howie, Oso3D and MartinJFrost. This is a very deep rabbit hole to run down if you've not tried it yet!

Aako for wide vista environments.

Regards,

Richard

Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391

All of my favorites were mentioned.  Well, almost all of them

• niksnolemniksnolem Posts: 20

My own tier list:

SSS Tier

SS Tier

• 3dLab
    • Aurelio
    • i74 (fantastic Japanese traditional architectures, really sad that they only have 3 products...)
    • Sloshwerks (especially the Woodman House series, I really like rigged furnitures!)

Honorable Mentions for limited budget:

• i13 (wide selection of everyday scenes, often have $1.99/$2.99 sale)
    • Jack Tomalin (tons of Daz+ items with great quality)
  • alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,377

richardandtracy said:

So far, 'environments' have all been treated as urban. I think I want to break the concensus with rural/wild environmental suggestions. I really like landscapes and wide vistas, but I need to say right now that I have never rendered one at 4K (have no 4K screen as the only one I have tried gave me a migraine in 30 mins without fail each time I used it), so I can't say if any of my recommendations are adequate for that detail standard, but they're most definitely fine for 2K.

Howie Farkes' UltraScenery and a majority of the add-ons by Howie, Oso3D and MartinJFrost. This is a very deep rabbit hole to run down if you've not tried it yet!

Aako for wide vista environments.

Regards,

Richard

Another vote for Ultrascenery and UltrasceneryXT.  USXT is great for backgrounds for other PA's buildings and such like.

Howie Farkes also does several sets which are independent of Ultrascenery but use the same underlying instance technology. Here's the latest:

https://www.daz3d.com/grassy-grove

Cheers,

Alex 

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,028

I agree with everyone so far mention, some others I love are: Collective3D, DarkEdgeDesign, Deepsea, Design Anvil, DZFire, E-Arkham, esha, First Bastion, Flipmode, ForbiddenWhispers or FW Design or David Brinnen, Kibarreto, Kindred Arts, KRAIG, kubramatic, Lantios, maclean, Magix 101, Marshian, Mely3D, Merlin Studios, Meshitup, Midnight Stories, Oskarsson, petipet, powerage, Predatron, PW Productions, Silent Winter, SilvaAnt3d, Sixus1 Media, SloshWerks, SoulessEmpathy, TangoAlpha, The Management, TheAntFarm, TheDigiVault, The Philosopher, Tim82, UnderConstruction, Val3dart, vikike176, Wee Dangerous John

While some of these PAs are in the store, they may have older, pre-Iray sets but they are worth the time to convert them to Iray. I may have overlapped from above listings, or not. But I fully agree the PAs listed above are excellent. I didn't list some who I know are no longer available at DAZ nor at another store.

• And how about this vendor?

https://www.daz3d.com/bituka3d

Anybody got something? How's the texture resolution?

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,028

That PA is oaky. I have nine of their sets and except for plastering their name all over the gas station, they were liked on line. I just picked up the Antesala set as it reminded me of Taiwan a lot.