How many women here ride motorcycles?

sazzyazzcasazzyazzca Posts: 495
edited June 2023 in Product Suggestions

[How many women here ride motorcycles?] Or are regular passengers?

How many of you do it in high heels or stilettos?

I can tell you from experience it ruins your shoes/boots mighty fast. Even as a passenger, the pegs chew the inside of your heels up. And the road chews up the bottom of your footwear. Nevermind the damage a shifter can do to the top of your footwear. That's why they make very sturdy boots specifically for riding and shifter boot protectors. 

A very short, chunky heel is fine, the heel secures your foot on the pegs, but high heels ...big nope.

How many of you have gotten into a street brawl while wearing heels/stilettos? Or gone hiking in them? Or any number of other physically strenuous activities?

I don't care how agile or fit you are, they get caught in cracks in the sidewalk, sink into the mud, etc., which seriously compromises your balance. it's not realistic. In fact, it's not uncommon for that to happen just walking. There is a reason you see a lot of chunky heels or wedges in places where cobblestone is common, and a reason why they sell heel tip protectors for skinny heels.

I'm using this as an example, but it could be any situation where the footwear included doesn't work for what the outfit is supposed to be. 

Unless an outfit is stellar, I'll pass on it if it doesn't have realistic footwear. I already have too many pairs of heels in my library that I'll never use. "Bedroom" or club shoes don't belong with utilitarian outfits,

Skimpy or too tight  "fight-wear" or "adventure-wear" is another big no-no for me. Realistically, people who go into the bush adventuring usually cover up parts that could get scraped up, because getting scratched or stung by the wrong thing can lead to a whole lot of discomfort or infection. If I'm intentionally going into a fight, I want to be protected where I'm most likely to get injured. I also want full range of motion, and that's not happening with tight clothes unless they're very stretchy. 

I suppose what I'm trying to say is while some things may look cool to those who don't have experience with some activities, those of us who do partake in those activities see the lack of realism, and for some of us that makes an otherwise good or even great product a big no. If it doesn't make sense in the real world, it's a pass for me.

I would suggest when planning an outfit, look at it from a practical viewpoint. How would this work in the real world? I get it, anything goes in fantasy, but if it's a real world outfit, please make it actually be suitable for real world situations. 

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,378

sazzyazzca said:

Or are regular passengers?

How many of you do it in high heels or stilettos?

I can tell you from experience it ruins your shoes/boots mighty fast. Even as a passenger, the pegs chew the inside of your heels up. And the road chews up the bottom of your footwear. Nevermind the damage a shifter can do to the top of your footwear. That's why they make very sturdy boots specifically for riding and shifter boot protectors. 

A very short, chunky heel is fine, the heel secures your foot on the pegs, but high heels ...big nope.

How many of you have gotten into a street brawl while wearing heels/stilettos? Or gone hiking in them? Or any number of other physically strenuous activities?

I don't care how agile or fit you are, they get caught in cracks in the sidewalk, sink into the mud, etc., which seriously compromises your balance. it's not realistic. In fact, it's not uncommon for that to happen just walking. There is a reason you see a lot of chunky heels or wedges in places where cobblestone is common, and a reason why they sell heel tip protectors for skinny heels.

I'm using this as an example, but it could be any situation where the footwear included doesn't work for what the outfit is supposed to be. 

Unless an outfit is stellar, I'll pass on it if it doesn't have realistic footwear. I already have too many pairs of heels in my library that I'll never use. "Bedroom" or club shoes don't belong with utilitarian outfits,

Skimpy or too tight  "fight-wear" or "adventure-wear" is another big no-no for me. Realistically, people who go into the bush adventuring usually cover up parts that could get scraped up, because getting scratched or stung by the wrong thing can lead to a whole lot of discomfort or infection. If I'm intentionally going into a fight, I want to be protected where I'm most likely to get injured. I also want full range of motion, and that's not happening with tight clothes unless they're very stretchy. 

I suppose what I'm trying to say is while some things may look cool to those who don't have experience with some activities, those of us who do partake in those activities see the lack of realism, and for some of us that makes an otherwise good or even great product a big no. If it doesn't make sense in the real world, it's a pass for me.

I would suggest when planning an outfit, look at it from a practical viewpoint. How would this work in the real world? I get it, anything goes in fantasy, but if it's a real world outfit, please make it actually be suitable for real world situations. 

I always notice that they always have makeup on women in bed both in 3D poses and in media like movies and tv.  I generally note that most women go through elaborate ritual to remove all that "slap" before they sleep to protect their skin and pillows.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,719

but that would be boring! the more skin the better, LOL

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,492
    edited June 2023

Gravel rash is such an attractive look!

My wife commutes to work on a moped and never shows an inch of flesh while riding, and always uses lace up ankle high walking boots with zero heel. The reason for these sartorial choices - in winter it's too cold and wet and in summer insect impacts hurt.

Regards,

Richard

Post edited by richardandtracy on