All Things Medical

CaetlynCaetlyn Posts: 76
edited June 2023 in Art Studio

Ever since I've started using Daz, I've realised it's a great program to model some medical emergencies/procedures I've been visualizing. I started using G8 characters but realised there were quite a numbers of restrictions when not purchasing morphs. Here is a piece of concept art I've been working on - for a heart attack ...

I do have a few simulations which I've used G8 characters but that's really only because I can't get them to work with G9.

Post edited by Caetlyn on

Comments

• CaetlynCaetlyn Posts: 76

Basic First Aid

• David RDavid R Posts: 215

I think that's a great idea.  Wow, that posing is really good.

edited June 2023

Thank you! I try to aim for as much realism as possible ...

Here's another one - epileptic seizure

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,375

Caetlyn said:

Basic First Aid

These look every good,  and from what I remember from my St John's Ambulance First Aid Training and Royal Lifesaving Society Training,  entirely accurate.

Basic First Aid Update with G9 characters.

first_aid2.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 511K

One of my trickiest pose yet - an incline drag for an unconscious casualty ....

• RafaelRafael Posts: 125
    edited June 2023

The posing is impressive. Making one element interact with another is quite complex. Congratulations!

---

May I make some suggestions on the light and background?

The wood floor and the void in the wall are too distracting. For example, the dragging scene is suggesting is dragging to a wall.

Probably a flat seamless neutral color (and not glossy) can help you focus on the action.

In example #1 I added a big emitting mesh as a ceiling light 2x2m.

And in #2 I added an additional lateral light because when you add the second figure on top of the first, you will produce shadows. And more light reduces the "drama".

Oh. And your project deserves better texturing than the default one. See if you can find some actors with interesting skin. For example in the heart atack scene, you could emphasize sweating if the skin texture denotes that this sweating is not normal.

Just an opinion.

Post edited by Rafael on
    edited June 2023

Thanks for the feedback and well noted. Much of what I'm posing here are just poses rather than lighting and background. However, I might consider adding them from here on in.