CMS database files

BradCarstenBradCarsten Posts: 856

Where are the CMS database files? 

My installation is completely messed up, and deleting and reinstalling Daz doesn't help, because the database files aren't deleted.

I read that they are here: 

C:\Programdata\DAZ 3D\Content Management Service\databases

and you have to delete 

ContentDB.blb
ContentDB.dat
ContentDB.ind
ContentDB.vdb
master.vdb

But there's nothing like that on my system. All I have under C:\Programdata\DAZ 3D\ is CMS and Studio4 and they both only contain a single file each. 

Post edited by BradCarsten on

Comments

• Those are the files from the old Valentina database, you probably have the new PostgreSQL system installed. However, you shouldn't have to delete files - open the Content Library pane option menu in DS (lined button at the top corner, or right-click the tab) and select ContentDB Maintenance, then check Reset Database and click Accept. You can then use the same dialogue to Reimport Metadata. Note that you will lose any customisations you haven't exported (also in the ContentDB Maintenance dialogue).

• Thanks. No wonder I couldn't find it. I tried setting my own custome directories, and when that failed, I then tried to reset back to the defaults, and something went wrong. It then kept trying to use the new location no matter what I did, but it then wouldn't dispay anything i that new location. I uninstalled, I reset the Database as discribed above. Nothing worked. With a bit of digging around I found some files in C:\Users\Brad\AppData\Roaming, and deleted that, reinstalled everything and that seems to have sorted it out. 

No more playing with settings for me.