Daz Studio Sorting

As a relatively new user who actually enjoys using the Smart Content tab and installing things through Daz Central... I have one request/suggestion which would make my life so much easier.

In the Figures menu, it would be so helpful if one of the distinctions was to sort figures by Generation. If the drop down had options for "Gen 3/Gen8/Gen 9 and sorted only those characters into them, it would save me a lot of headache. Just a thought.

Thank you.

Comments

• Check the tags, in the (usually collapsed) group of tabs at the bottom of the pane - I think you will find tags for the base figures, and clicking one of those (or any other tag) will filter by it. And of course if you have the base figure loaded and seelcted there is the Filter By Context checkbox at tlower left.

• morrisonmpmorrisonmp Posts: 152

Richard Haseltine said:

Check the tags, in the (usually collapsed) group of tabs at the bottom of the pane - I think you will find tags for the base figures, and clicking one of those (or any other tag) will filter by it. And of course if you have the base figure loaded and seelcted there is the Filter By Context checkbox at tlower left.

I'm not sure what the "tags" are but I'll look for them when I'm at my home computer again. The main thing is that I want to be able to sort figures by generation "at a glance" the same way I can sort male, female, mechanical, creatures, etc. 

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,284

morrisonmp said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Check the tags, in the (usually collapsed) group of tabs at the bottom of the pane - I think you will find tags for the base figures, and clicking one of those (or any other tag) will filter by it. And of course if you have the base figure loaded and seelcted there is the Filter By Context checkbox at tlower left.

I'm not sure what the "tags" are but I'll look for them when I'm at my home computer again. The main thing is that I want to be able to sort figures by generation "at a glance" the same way I can sort male, female, mechanical, creatures, etc. 

The workaround is, while in the "Figures" and "People" section of the smart content, put just the generation number (so 3, 9...) in the search box just above the figures. It will filter out by name, but all figures have their generations in name. It's not ideal: it will add M3D and E3D products if you're looking for gen 3 or put 8 and 8.1 together, but it's something to help filter out at least some of the results.

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,764

From what I can see the Generation is not listed in the tags - see below image.

However, I have been playing about and the following appear to work for me (except for a few items which I believe are incorrectly tagged):

• "key::genesis 2 female"
    • "key::genesis 2 male"
    • "key::genesis 3 female"
    • "key::genesis 3 male"
    • "key::genesis 8 female"
    • "key::genesis 8 male"
    • "key::genesis 9"

If you enter these values in the search field it should give you roughly what you want. You can then save these filters to have them available as a drop-down - see below example.

• morrisonmpmorrisonmp Posts: 152

joanna said:

The workaround is, while in the "Figures" and "People" section of the smart content, put just the generation number (so 3, 9...) in the search box just above the figures. It will filter out by name, but all figures have their generations in name. It's not ideal: it will add M3D and E3D products if you're looking for gen 3 or put 8 and 8.1 together, but it's something to help filter out at least some of the results.

This is a great idea. And so simple. Thank you. This will probably do me well enough for now. But very cool. 

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,028

One thing I have to remember if I want to search for an older character is to use both numbers associated with their generation, i.e. Genesis (you get everyone) or 5, Gen 2 or 6, Gen 3 or 7, Gen 8, 81, 8.1 and now Gen 9 (some of the nines never made it to people, so search on 'Figures'. (I now check as I add new characters to my runtime and add the extra metadata to them due to this.)