ShareCG Question: Comments getting commercial spam?

McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I'm just curious if any of you folks out there with models and stuff posted at ShareCG are getting commercial spam in the comments area.
Very annoying.

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I am not getting any, but I don't use Sharecg a lot.

However a friend did take down his latest upload for a while because he got a viral; attack, which sharecg dealt with PDQ

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047
    edited December 1969

Viral attack!?! How did that work? Was it while uploading or did they infect his model/freebie?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,035
    edited December 1969

I had someone harrass another user I subscribe to on Youtube and follow on sharecg by faking my username puting a lowercase L for an i in wendyvainity
    fortunately she knew it wasn't me, he has been harrassing her multiple places.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I am not certain what happened, it was Skipper that had the attack. He didn't say exactly what happened, just he had taken the file down for that reason, and he did some tweaks before he re-upped it.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/1611/P195/#76796

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047
    edited December 1969

Thanks chohole... Thats scary. You never know what to expect anymore.
    Wendy... Forum troll? Thats pretty funny, the green font threw me, I thought it was an official title like "Administrator " or "Power member"

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,035
    edited December 1969

yeah, I added it at 1001 posts when I became a power member ;-P
    don't think I better add crack cocaine when I reach 2500 posts though %-P

• SlimerJSpudSlimerJSpud Posts: 1,453
    edited December 1969

On several occasions, I've reported spam in comments at ShareCG. They usually deal with it right away. Haven't been there too much lately. I go on periodic freebie binges... :lol: