Help I'm having Dson errors.

I follow the guide. But I keep having these errors.

1.png
1360 x 768 - 443K

Comments

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,781
    edited October 2015

That looks like Poser cannot find the DSON importer. Where did you install it? Also, is it the 32 bit or 64 bit version of the plugin you have? They must match, otherwise it doesn't work.

Post edited by Byrdie on
  • Byrdie said:

That looks like Poser cannot find the DSON importer. Where did you install it? Also, is it the 32 bit or 64 bit version of the plugin you have? They must match, otherwise it doesn't work.

It 64bit. I install it where My daz 3d Library.

• Which version of Poser is this? Did you install the DSON Importer manually or via the Install Manager?

• Which version of Poser is this? Did you install the DSON Importer manually or via the Install Manager?

It poser pro game Dev 64 bit. I use the Daz Dim to install Dson poser 64bit

• Same problem here, same error message - using Poser 10. Installed from Installer, not through DIM.

In the actual Poser application folder do you have \Runtime\Python\addons\dson, with a couple of .py files and three .dll files (.dylibs for Mac)?

Same problem here, same error message - using Poser 10. Installed from Installer, not through DIM.

You installed the 32 bit version of the Importer? Poser 10 does not have a 64 bit version. If you did, the same question as I asked mogaremolby above

• graphicislandgraphicisland Posts: 9
    edited October 2015

Thanks for quick response - I'm running it on a 64 : http://my.smithmicro.com/poser-10-system-requirements.html

What I'm not running is DSON. I take it back; same day, different error message:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7UjwZXfLpG6UzZra2pJbkFBcEU/view?usp=sharing

addendum: Now I see which question you are referring to:

__init__.py

dzdsonimporter.so

libboost_python.dylib

libDzDSONIO.dylib

QtCore.framework

Post edited by graphicisland on
    edited October 2015

Actually, I'm about ready to stick a feather in it's cap & call it macaroni. I just now realized that if you don't have a live internet connection, Poser won't load the library, which means if you are working on a deadline & your internet connection goes down, you are SOL. I believe today is the day I finally crack open the Daz Studio tutorials & send Poser back from whence it came.

• Regardless of your operating system Poser 10 is a 32 bit application and needs the 32 bit version of the DSON Importer.

edited October 2015

The requirements page says nothing about 32 bit & I am running it on a 64 bit machine now. The issue isn't Poser, the issue is combining DSON with Poser. I attempted using the 32 bit version as another experiment in futility & it choked before even opening.

In the actual Poser application folder do you have \Runtime\Python\addons\dson, with a couple of .py files and three .dll files (.dylibs for Mac)?

Same problem here, same error message - using Poser 10. Installed from Installer, not through DIM.

You installed the 32 bit version of the Importer? Poser 10 does not have a 64 bit version. If you did, the same question as I asked mogaremolby above

I don't see it.

I don't see it.

1.png
    1360 x 768 - 213K

I don't see it.

In that case it didn't isntall correctly. You appear to have the application on drive E: - is the path set correctly in the Applications tab of DIM's preferences (click the gear icon at top-right)?

• The requirements page says nothing about 32 bit & I am running it on a 64 bit machine now. The issue isn't Poser, the issue is combining DSON with Poser. I attempted using the 32 bit version as another experiment in futility & it choked before even opening.

Poser 10 is a 32 bit application, so you need to use the 32 bit version of the DSON Importer. 32 bit software works on a 64 bit OS, if it didn't you wouldn't be able to use Poser 10 itself. What do you mean it choked - the isntaller, or Poser when you tried using the importer?

edited October 2015

It would have to work because they recommend a 64bit processor. What I mean by choked is that after the install by the 32bit installer, the program didn't make it through the intro screen before it crashed.

• So Poser crashes on luanch after isntalling the DSON Importer? Do you have the latest SR for Poser, from Smith Micro?

• mogaremolbymogaremolby Posts: 75
    edited October 2015

Which version of Poser is this? Did you install the DSON Importer manually or via the Install Manager?

I don't see it.

In that case it didn't isntall correctly. You appear to have the application on drive E: - is the path set correctly in the Applications tab of DIM's preferences (click the gear icon at top-right)?

Sorry to rive this thread. I'm getting a new error now.

g.png
    1360 x 768 - 885K
    g.png
    1360 x 768 - 504K
    g.png
    1360 x 768 - 504K
    Post edited by mogaremolby on

I don't see it.

Sorry to rive this thread. I'm getting a new error now.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Are you getting that error on everything that uses the DSON Importer, or just on Brandon?

• Are you getting that error on everything that uses the DSON Importer, or just on Brandon?

Everything.