what white shader would work best for the inside of a swimsuit/bikini?

DrekkanDrekkan Posts: 459
edited June 2023 in Product Suggestions

An example I have attached. I mean the white mesh inside the swimsuit, what Iray shader do you think would work best for this? what material is it for that matter as I'm not sure. thx.

Screenshot 2023-06-21 at 05-06-50 Superdry One-piece Swimsuit UK 8 eBay.png
591 x 508 - 665K
Post edited by Drekkan on

Comments

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,492
    There are probably three ways of getting that effect. The first is unusual - having a mesh with an inside and an outside. Number two is a geoshell inside with a different texture. Number three is a special shader that changes colour depending on normal direction. #2 is probably one you can do yourself to any article of clothing. Regards, Richard.
  • DrekkanDrekkan Posts: 459

richardandtracy said:

There are probably three ways of getting that effect. The first is unusual - having a mesh with an inside and an outside. Number two is a geoshell inside with a different texture. Number three is a special shader that changes colour depending on normal direction. #2 is probably one you can do yourself to any article of clothing. Regards, Richard.

K could you recommend a shader for this material that would look closest to the source pic? 

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,719

Do you have a swimsuit that has double sides to it? Every one I have it single sided

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,386

FSMCDesigns said:

Do you have a swimsuit that has double sides to it? Every one I have it single sided

I do have several, either with a lining or with fabric printed on one side and plain-colored on the other.

Lining would typically use either a 2-way stretch polyamide fabric called "mousse claudia" which is often used for lining swimsuits or leotards, or lycra like the outside. So a plain lycra shader would work.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,744

Any type of fabric shader would probably do. There are many with color and some that are white or dingy, or off-white.   It all comes down to the quality of the bump and normal.

https://www.daz3d.com/catalogsearch/result/?mature=true&q=fabric+shader

• GhostofMacbethGhostofMacbeth Posts: 1,605

I think you will have to go the geoshell route since most of the models will only have one surface to work with. Once you do that you can apply the standard texture on the geoshell and the white material on the original object.

• GhostofMacbethGhostofMacbeth Posts: 1,605

Oh yeah, I forgot about that