[Released] Limestone Cave Vignette [Commercial]

SBibbSBibb Posts: 596

*Edit - The Limestone Cave Vignette has released!
https://www.daz3d.com/sbibb-limestone-cave-vignette

Hi there! I'm thrilled to announce that my Limestone Cave Vignette will soon be released. :-D

This is my first environment set, which I've had a lot of fun modeling. There are three versions.. a lower resolution and higher resolution set to offer more flexibiilty with different computer system capabilties, as well as the "Glow Worm" cave varient which is the most resource intensive but allows for the ethereal glow found in caves such as the Waitomo Cave in New Zealand. Great for either a more realistic scene or for one with a fantastical bent.

Everything is modular, so you can easily move stalactite clusters and stalagmites around, or if you want to save resources and selectively cover parts of the cave in glow worms, you can choose to bring in a limited number of stalactite clusters with glow worms attached.

Here's a couple sneak peeks. :-)

Glow Worm Cave Varient With God Rays option (resource heavy)

Limestone Cave Art Promo

HR Cave Varient (Includes a few glow worms, but not to the extent of the glow worm cave)

SBibb Limestone Cave Vignette

Here's the camera angles that come with the HR version of the set:

SBibb Limestone Cave Vignette

If you have any questions, please let me know, and in the meantime, keep an eye on the store for it's upcoming release. :-D

Post edited by SBibb on

Comments

• SBibbSBibb Posts: 596

Another sneak peek, this time of the camera angles for the LR (lower resolution) cave version, as well as for the Glow Worm cave version. :-)

Limestone Cave Vignette

Limestone Cave Vignette

• GhostofMacbethGhostofMacbeth Posts: 1,549

Nice!

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,225

Fantastic Work SBibb!!! 

Thank you, @GhostofMacbeth and @Dartanbecksmiley

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,225

I hope this is selling well. It's Gorgeous! Very nice work!

• hejjj12hejjj12 Posts: 39
    edited July 2023

Hi do you know what it could be that makes this scene slow down daz3d so enormously? I have tried many diffrent scenes of houses and other caves and they run smoontly in viewport, but the second I load this scene every viewport view mod starts lagging immensely like having 1 fps in a video game with delay. It even happens when I just laod it by itself in a new scene. And that is a shame since it is a nice scene I want to make use off. 

Update: Saw now that you have "Glow Worm Cave Varient With God Rays option (resource heavy)" How do I know if God Rays are on? 

Upadte nr 2: It is only the Stalactites parts that make everything lag. 

Update nr 3: Went in on each part of Stalactites and turned off all the lights and now it works perfectly thanks. 

Post edited by hejjj12 on
  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,067

The fact that there are two resolutions of stalagtites (LD & HD) suggests to me that they are quite heavy on the machine resources. If they weren't, it wouldn't be necessary to have the two resolutions.

Regards,

Richard

@hejjj12 I'm glad you got the problem solved, and I hope you're enjoying the set.. :-D

From my testing, the glow worms are one of the more render intensive aspects, so removing them should make it easier for the computer to render.

My computer (RTX 2060 6GB) didn't have any problems with the LR cave set, and not too much of any issue with the HR cave set, but it did have issues with with Glow Worm Cave set. Most of the Glow Worm Cave promos I rendered using a more powerful computer (RTX 3070ti 12GB), which still ran on the CPU instead of the GPU. The biggest problem it had was with using both the glow worm cave set and the god rays. (The god rays and atmosphere setting need to be added seperately from the Glow Worm set). Hence saying that the latter is very resource intensive.

That said, if you wanted to use the glow worms, but not take up quite so many resources, there are individual stalagtite sets with glow worms, so you could selectively put in the camera view, rather than across the full set, which should render faster.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask, and I'd love to see what you render with it. :-)