Suggestion for the Daz3D website

Hello Daz3D,

I've been a long-time customer and my product library is... long. I was wondering if it were possible to add the same search categories to my product library as is the shop, like Buildings, Clothes, People, Sci Fi, Contemporary etc? Or filter the shop pages by Already Owned instead of just Hide them? Mostly so I can get a better visual guide to what I already have, please. Saves wading through a really really really long list >.>

Please Please Please *insert puppydog eyes here*

Thank you!

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,719

This plugin will create a check box for already owned among many other things

https://dazdeals.com/

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,842
    edited July 2023

FSMCDesigns said:

This plugin will create a check box for already owned among many other things

https://dazdeals.com/

Huh? Everything in the Product library is already owned. Oh, I see what you mean. Use the store categories and filter the store by already owned. That probably works for products still in the store, but not things you own that have been  removed from the store.

Post edited by barbult on
  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,492

I do feel the reliance on a third party plug-in to make the DAZ site more usable is.. how shall I say this.. 'foolish in the extreme'. DAZ should be the masters of their own site & making their customer experience more pleasant and provide the services their customers want. Having satisfied customers certainly won't reduce sales.

Regards,

Richard

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,028

When I started in 2016, I started by saving as a pdf the promo pages and placing them in folders that roughly follow Smart Content, with breakdowns for whatever I found worked for 'me' to find a product when my mind went blank.

Clothing/Accessories (Wardrobe) is first by generation or groups, then by type of categories and with a mass one with a copy of all by type of categories.

Environments is actually by the PA, unless it was a one off, then it by type. It sometimes doesn't work, but othertimes does. I also put add-ons by other PAs into the primary PAs folder.

Hair has two sort like Wardrobe, first by generation or groups and then by all by type: Long, Short, Styled, Afro, Chin to Shoulder Length, Facial/Body Hair.

Props by overall type of products in package.

I keep copies of all the tutorials I have purchased here also. I watch them on my iMac, and use the render computers to work through them. The iMac has the best audio/video.

I have found having those pdfs invaluable when the PAs leave the store I still can find information about my product when we are left with barely no information on the store's Product Library, or the name changes in DIM versus the original name and I have to track down what it is now, or what a texture belongs to when that texture artist leaves but the Product Library has no info on what product it was for.

Of course it takes time for me to do this. It is now about 369.9 GB on my iMac and 40,892 items as of yesterday. I just finished transferring it by Air Drop to my MacBook Pro M1 the other day and it took I think 5 hours.

Mary

• CyrinadiaCyrinadia Posts: 143

Thank you all! As Mary suggested, I have some basic documents with pictures, and I've grouped items within categories in Studio as well (Overall category, Sub categories, Product Name).

As for the plugin you can kind of already do that if you deselect 'Hide Already Owned'. I would like to have a proper description of what it does before using it.

It would be difficult indeed with out-of-stock (for want of a better term) items, but still helpful for the stuff that's still IN stock.

I might have to use Mary's idea a little more extensively than I have already. Though I've created a lot more work for myself! I tend to also then narrow down further by type of prop (is it a food item, a box or container, personal item, a vehicle? etc.) and what Product it's in because I like to kitbash.