Airport passenger carts

I'm looking for electric airport passenger carts like the ones used for taking people with mobility issues from one area to another in an airport. 

Something along the lines of these:

https://www.torontopearson.com/en/accessibility/in-terminal-shuttle

https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/electric-taxi-car-transporting-passengers-baggage-airport-184954066.jpg

https://www.dreamstime.com/photos-images/airport-golf-cart.html

Does anyone know of any available? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,375

i typed Airport Cart, Airport Buggy, Airport Vehicle into 3rd party 3D marketplaces like Cgtrader and it came up with stuff, albeit limited options and expensive.

Is there a golf cart in Daz Studio format? Could just use that instead.

• sazzyazzcasazzyazzca Posts: 495

lilweep said:

i typed Airport Cart, Airport Buggy, Airport Vehicle into 3rd party 3D marketplaces like Cgtrader and it came up with stuff, albeit limited options and expensive.

Is there a golf cart in Daz Studio format? Could just use that instead.

There are 2 golf carts. I have them both, but they're not the same as airport carts. Airport carts typically seat at least six people including the driver. Large airports often have carts that seat even more. Thanks for looking and the suggestion though. :) 

• jparks123jparks123 Posts: 37
    edited July 2023

https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/electric-utility-cart-3d-model-2073482

expensive model, but turbosquid is good for professional architect stuff, so i knew they would have it.

Post edited by jparks123 on
  • UncannyValetUncannyValet Posts: 167
    edited July 2023

remember, cgtrader gives vendors better commission than ts so always better to buy version from there

Post edited by UncannyValet on
  • jparks123jparks123 Posts: 37
    edited July 2023

Now I'm not saying which stores you should, or should not use, as that's your personal decision.

In the 3d print communiy, were are trying to move away from CG Trader as they are currently pressuring 3d print model studios to remove patreon and portfoiio links. This seems to be limited to 3d printing models, probably because it's such a huge market right now. In terms of royaly, CG Trader takes 30% from me. Gumroad would be 10% if I used it, MyMiniFactory is our main store and takes 8% (plus payment processing). I don't remember what Cults3d takes but I left cults after their scandal. Now I undertand these sites are not well known for 3d art models, but they are well known in 3d printing, and we can use patreon or our personal websites to advertise the figures, and use the store site  just to handle transactions. (With patreon we give direct download links to subscribers of the appropraiate tier, and for re-downloads or back catalogue sales, we can list the model on MMF, or add the model directly to the patreon user's MMF library where they can re-download it whenever).

edit I've never used turbosquid as a merchant, and don't know their payment cut rate.

Post edited by jparks123 on
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,028

I know you said you didn't want a golf cart but I looked at my copy of Golf Course Props and there is a promo page showing a number of different configurations, some with four seats, some with two seats and a storage area that could work for luggage. Not what you wanted I know, but maybe a couple of them for a group of people would work?

Mary

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,492

Keep reading this as 'Airport Passenger Cats' and being both confused & then disappointed.

Regards,

Richard

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,028

richardandtracy said:

Keep reading this as 'Airport Passenger Cats' and being both confused & then disappointed.

Regards,

Richard

I did the opposite with your post Richard, the brain put the 'r' back in, and had a thought to look at airport sets and PW Productions. Total failure to find that type of equipment for large airports. Guess their high priced travelers use the walking time for their daily aerobics?

Mary 

• sazzyazzcasazzyazzca Posts: 495

jparks123 said:

https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/electric-utility-cart-3d-model-2073482

expensive model, but turbosquid is good for professional architect stuff, so i knew they would have it.

This is pretty much exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!

memcneil70 said:

I know you said you didn't want a golf cart but I looked at my copy of Golf Course Props and there is a promo page showing a number of different configurations, some with four seats, some with two seats and a storage area that could work for luggage. Not what you wanted I know, but maybe a couple of them for a group of people would work.

Mary

I do have it and I did look at it, but I think you're right, it bears a closer look. Perhaps some Geometry Editor hacking and slashing might be in order. 

richardandtracy said:

Regards,

Richard

I often misread things as well, and am confused and sometimes disappointed. laugh

memcneil70 said:

I did the opposite with your post Richard, the brain put the 'r' back in, and had a thought to look at airport sets and PW Productions. Total failure to find that type of equipment for large airports. Guess their high priced travelers use the walking time for their daily aerobics?

Mary 

I also checked whatever airport sets I could find, and found nothing suitable either. And yet, airports are full of them. Tons of people with mobility issues travel and use them. I had to make use of them when I had a messed up Achilles tendon. I've also been in a situation where my international flight landed late, but there were a bunch of us who had to get on the same connecting flight and they used these to quickly get us to our gate. 

There's so much emphasis on realism in skin and lighting, and yet some huge gaps in items needed to set up believable scenes.