Transfer Utility Help[Strange Rig]

Well i have my Own Made Figure, and my Own Made Cloth, When im Using Transfer Utility im Using

Sekaia "Current" Dress 1"Current" and than reverse Shape from Target  On,

but something gonna wrong , "adding Smoothing Modifier" doesnt works,

its looks like the Middle isnt Weighted, Someone can Help me to resolve this?, or is this just the Problem of Daz Autorig Feature.

Thanks .

Looks like this

Post edited by blackrockhorizon_f39c665403 on

Comments

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited October 2015

dresses need to use a better rig than the default auto rig.

When you say your own character, i assume you mean your own morph for one of the genesis figures? If so then I would use either the MFD or potentially one of the tools in the store to help you rig the dress properly. If you are using G2F or earlier and have the MFD this will work

http://direct.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/915035/#Comment_915035

The MFD has 4 bones in the lower area, which makes it much better to control dresses than the regular human leg bones.

If using G3F then I think SickleYield has a product to help you(since G3F doesn't have a MFD yet).

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
  • Yep own Morphes,, what is MFD?

nah its G2 ,i like G2 more than G3,

Morphing fantasy dress.

• edited October 2015

ohh , Exist there a Good Tutorial to Merge The Obejcts? When im Rotate the Foot from the main G2F Bones, that the Bone of the Dresses follow?

So i Mean Merge the Bones of both together.

I don't believe you can merge bones. How are you trying to merge them anyway. I am getting confused when you say G2F Bones, then Bone of Dresses. The clothes always have their own bones. However they don't need to have the same exact set of bones as the human. If they have bones with the same name as the human, they will follow them.

If the dress has bones with different names, it will not follow the human. So the chest and torso can be named the same as the human, that tends to be OK. But from the waist down maybe you want the bones named differently to give you more control of posing.

If you rig the dress as I suggested, it no longer has human bones (from the waist down). You don't need the MFD, there are some other products that are called starter kits that give you donor rigs that have the same concept. 

Or you manually make your own bones. The quick way to do it is to rename the leg bones in the dress to something else. You can delete the foot bones in the dress if you want. You will need to use the joint editor tool to do this.

• edited October 2015

Rename it When im Autoriggint it, or After that?I renamed the Bones but they dont follow..why?

edited October 2015

Rename it When im Autoriggint it, or After that?I renamed the Bones but they dont follow..why?

Rename them after the rig if you don't want them to follow.

But if you want them to follow leave them alone. You can still delete the feet if you don't want them to influence the dress. If you leave the bones the same name as the human bones, you won't be able to move the dress independant of the figure.

If you leave the dress with only 2 bones your options are limited. You would have to use morphs instead of bones to control how it looks.

Basically if you don't rig it differently than you have it now, it's always going to look off in poses the legs are right next to each other.

• So  thats what im Doing,  Dress with Right Riged Bones and my Dress do, it like your Screenshoot you postet,so automatic Rigging, and than i Have my Dress with  the Bones of the Dress hats right Rigged,
    how i Combine the Both? Cuz when im Just Transfer the Rig, the Dress dont Follow, even i Name it Like the Same Name how GF2 Have , They Bones dont Follow, i Need to Select Shin of the Dress and of GF2 to Follow them, but when im just Selevt Right Shin and Rotate it , the dresses Bone font Follow why?

so.."But if you want them to follow leave them alone." I dont get it?, Am i making something wrong or why, it dont Follow.

Hope you can Help me ,

Thanks for your Help btw ^^

edited October 2015

you don't combine anything.

if you use the dress rig, then the lower part of the dress won't auto follow anymore. you pose it as needed. The whole point of the dress rig is so it won't follow(the lower part anyway)

If it follows you will be stuck with the issue you had in the first screenshot. Basically the only way it will follow is if it uses the autorig. Which makes for ugly dresses.

So choose the limited auto rig which is ugly, or posing it manually as needed and making it look pretty.

• now i got it.. thaanks!

gratz then!